New Chainsaws

/ New Chainsaws #1  

TresCrows

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Kubota B2410
I am a long time Sthil fan but I just bought--just because-- a new Husky 351 which is about the same size and power as my Sthil 026. I have several saws--why--just because. Anyway, I have decided that the Husky is the better saw after using both side by side because the color more completely matches my Kubotas.
Either of these saws will plumb embarass that c--p from discount stores. Blanket statements are dangerous but these two little lightweights will get down and get after it. Neither is hardly over 10 lbs and the Sthils I have always start without a fuss, I am sure the Husky will too, can someone please come and steal my Homelite, my Poulan and that yellow thing I have so I can get a Husky 346XP and maybe a little Sthil 011. I am still quite young but have RA (in remission and fairly mild) so heavy saws can be diffucult for me but I like the new Husky 357XP at only a little over 12 lbs, it is a go getter. Yep, I got protective clothing and generally use it.
I did a lot of cutting when I worked a summer job way back for the Conservation Dept in an area that latter became a wildliife refuge. The purpose was to thin the canopy so little medows would generate habitat and food for various animals. Anyway, I really got into saws and never lost my thing for them, kinda like Lawnboy mowers from OMC, the only green thing that is better than orange, the new Toros (Toros and Toro/Lawnboy) seem awfully nice with the aluminum deck.
Ok---which 22 inch or so big wheel string trimmer is the hot e-ticket ride for the summer. I need one really bad. I have a lagoon to conquer and I will not go in without proper air cover and string trimmer ground support after the lagoon last year swallowed the BX that only a massive counter attack by all six saws and reinforced by the Tundra was able to rescue the hapless, flailing BX from the weed camoflaged goo.
J

/ New Chainsaws #2  
What does the little bird say when he pops out of the clock?

/ New Chainsaws
Well, howdy there Bob in Ma, see you are still puttzing around. Hey sometime drop by and I will show you my new KK brush cutter, bring your lawnmower and I will cut it up for you and save ya the trouble.
Hey, you ever see Christmas Vacation with Chevy, I especially like his neighbors (was his name Bob, if not it should have been) and I thought he was pretty handy with that saw especially on the stair post repair. Could not have done better myself!
Now who were you calling a wussie?, something about your little tractors and even smaller winkies or something like that, I am quite sure there is no scientific evidence to support your supposition, nope, it is probably just an affliction specific to yourself.
J

Attachments

• 16-114850-3crows.jpg
    16-114850-3crows.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 266
   / New Chainsaws #4  
"What we got here . . . is . . . a . . . failure . . . to . . communicate"

/ New Chainsaws #5  
JR,
Thanks for the advice. A while back I started a thread about chainsaws but still haven't bought one yet. I'm still leaning toward Stihl though. Husky would be a close second.
18-64320-TractorsigK.JPG

/ New Chainsaws
Grant I would consider both Husky and Stihl about equal. I have more experience with the Stihl brand. I have one onld saw that I took out about a month ago after the ice storm to loan to a friend. Heck, why give him my new ones. It had not been run in quite a few years. Dumped out the congealed fluid in the fuel tank. Poured in some new mix, went out into the freezing weather and a few yanks on the cord and she popped to life and ran like a top. The friend who borrowed it commented when he brought it back what a nice saw and how well it ran. You will not go wrong with a Stihl, get the pro models or perhaps the Farm Boss. Like I said I prefer the lighter saws but 12 pounds or so ain't much compared to some of the monsters I have used in the past. I think the 290 Farm Boss is their most popular model.
J

/ New Chainsaws #7  
Prison Warden, Strother Martin, Cool Hand Luke

/ New Chainsaws #9  
JR -- You won't go wrong with that Husky you bought. I have a Stihl 044. This is a beautiful little machine that can chew a nice size hedgerow down in a couple days or so. I've talked to loggers who love their Stihls, Huskys, or Jonsareds. It's most likely just personal preference. These are the big three comparable with CUT's big three (ie, orange, green, blue). Best of luck to you with your new Husky. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ New Chainsaws
Thanks Rancar, I think it is a nice saw too. Husky used to make dirt bikes that were very competitive in motocross and desert racing. The newer release of On Any Sunday has a trailer with the famous Malcom Smith riding with the late, great Steve McQueen on Huskies if memory serves. The local husky saw shop has one on display but alas it is not for sale.
Ah, Mr Fish, the best way to converse with me is via the private mail within TBN. I think it is under control panel.
Toodoloo.
J