How to carry a chainsaw?

/ How to carry a chainsaw? #1  

JC4HD

Gold Member
Live in Lower Hudson Valley Tractor used mostly in
Tractor
Sold the 4310 downsized to a JD 2320 - Purchased from K.C. Canary (HRT) in Fultonville, NY
Taking delivery of a JD 4310 next month... will need to clear brush and small trees so will need to carry a chainsaw. Any suggestions on the best way?

/ How to carry a chainsaw? #2  
I think I read here a while back that places that sell ATV's sometimes stock a holster for carrying a chainsaw. I believe someone here adapted that to clamp on to their tractor. Might be worth a look.

I'll be looking for the same thing myself soon. Let me know if you come up with anything that works well for you.

John_Mc

/ How to carry a chainsaw? #3  
Jim,
Heres a thread currently going on in customization about mounting a chainsaw to the tractor <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=custom&Number=122665&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=>click here</A> hope this helps.

/ How to carry a chainsaw? #5  
Getting a FEL? That's where I tote mine, the fuel, any tow rope/chain, etc. I've also used my rotary cutter to haul things around on when going to and fro but not while using the rotary cutter.

You may consider a carry all for the 3pt hitch.

/ How to carry a chainsaw? #6  
Ditto on theBoman's reply. I put all of the things I need in the FEL and take it to where I need to cut. I also made a weight box with an extra space to put things like the chainsaw, ax, sax, etc in it but I have never used it.

/ How to carry a chainsaw? #7  
The best way is to have your help to carry it :)

/ How to carry a chainsaw? #8  
Yup. MontanaJack.com makes one for ATVs that with minimal tweaking would fit my ROPS.

Pete

/ How to carry a chainsaw? #9  
Jim,

Ask Harv of TBN for info on this. He posted a thread sometime in the past and he had some dandy pics of a rack he built for his ROPS bar...it looked so good that I printed out the thread with the pics and I will try to emulate it in some way when I get my 4710.

BTW, I saw Mark Brucker last Friday and mentioned your name. He thought highly of you and likewise sends his greetings....seems like real good man to deal with.

Bob

/ How to carry a chainsaw? #10  
<font color=blue>Ask Harv</font color=blue>

Had to review <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.acknowledge.com/tractor/L2500DT/photos/RackOptions.jpg>this picture</A> myself to see if I included a chainsaw, and yep, there it was. I haven't actually carried one on the ROPS rack out in the field yet, but that's mostly 'cuz I haven't done much chainsawing lately. I expect to do a fair amount this year, so I'll see how it works then.
wink.gif