Help mounting chainsaw & polesaw to tractor

/ Help mounting chainsaw & polesaw to tractor #1  

agh

Tractor
case 485 kubota m9000
Has anyone fabricated a bracket to carry their chainsaw and also a 7-10 ft polesaw on their tractor for trimming out overhanging limbs on woods roads in your forest? I usually have boxblade or bushhog on 3 pt hitch and FEL on front of tractor. where to mount and safely carry the chainsaw and polesaw eluded me. i have an old case 485 2 wheel drive and a m9000 cab 4 wheel dr and would like to make a bracket for both. thanks for any ideas or better yet pictures if anyone has made this before. thanks agh

/ Help mounting chainsaw & polesaw to tractor #3  
Make a 'scabbard' out of 3" pipe.. 3' should do.. slide the pole in.

Make a bracket out of a couple barn door handles.. essentially a piece of flat, 1" wide, 1/4" thick.. has a couple inches of flat.. then a 90' up for an inch and a half.. andother 90 straight over 5", then another 90' down an inch and a half.. then another 90 and another 2".. kind of like a flattened omega / ohm symbol... slip the bar thru 2 of those brackets spaced near each other.. one under the other.... with a bunji from the lower one up thru the saw handle and back down, keeping the saw, blade down, and in the sleave..

soundguy

/ Help mounting chainsaw & polesaw to tractor #4  
I ended up using ATV gun mounts with 90 lb magnets. I stick 'em to my bucket and it holds my string trimmer just fine. Pole saw might be a bit to long to run with it like that. You might be able to mount them front-to-back somehow though.

/ Help mounting chainsaw & polesaw to tractor #5  
I sure wish I had a place for a chainsaw scabbard. I ended up making
a quick-release carryall box for my hood rack.

Pictured is my axe holder. This could be a gun rack if you used open
sided brackets instead of round ones here. That would work for a
pole saw, too.

I also carry a shovel vertically in a hole cut into one of my b/h steps.

Attachments

• gun_rack.JPG
    gun_rack.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,541
   / Help mounting chainsaw & polesaw to tractor #6  
I am glad I read this post. I am going to steal both ideas. I still got hurricane Ike trees down that I have to deal with.