How well do you know Husqvarna chainsaws?

/ How well do you know Husqvarna chainsaws? #1  

Jarrett

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT
I know this is a shot in the dark and I'm hoping for a miracle, but can anyone ID this model of chainsaw? It's pretty old and has no model # on it. There's just a serial number on the little metal tag (107150). Any ideas?

Chainsaw
Picasa Web Albums - Jarrett - Chainsaw
Chainsaw

Chainsaw

Chainsaw

Chainsaw

/ How well do you know Husqvarna chainsaws? #2  
Well I can't ID that saw, but if no one else here can, post over at this site:

http://arboristsite.com

They have a chainsaw forum that probably several members there know it off of the top of their head.

/ How well do you know Husqvarna chainsaws? #3  
Not sure but it is definately and older model.

/ How well do you know Husqvarna chainsaws? #4  
It is either a 65 or a 77, circa mid to late 70's. I have a 65 that I purchased new in 1979, and have cut at least 300 cords of firewood and countless trees with it. It is a real workhorse and still runs and cuts great today.

/ How well do you know Husqvarna chainsaws? #6  
Looks identical to my Dads 65L. Great workhorse.

/ How well do you know Husqvarna chainsaws?
Looks identical to my Dads 65L. Great workhorse.
It seems the consensus is it's an L65 or 65L. Any idea of how to get the flywheel off?

/ How well do you know Husqvarna chainsaws?
I found out the plug wire was broken at the coil. Fortunately, the wire on this saw just screws into the coil and is replaceable. I bought a new wire, put it on, put everything back together and after several pulls it cranked, on old nasty fuel. Drained the old fuel out and put fresh fuel in and it was running like a champ. My father-in-law had a large oak (36") cut down about a month ago. The tree cutters wanted more money to haul everything off than to cut the tree down. Although they were supposed to take the trunk, they didn't. I'm trying to get it cleaned up for him, thus the desire to get this saw running. It's the only saw any of us have that has and can even handle a long enough bar (20") to cut the tree up. I made a few cuts with it and then it suddenly quit. It would fire with the choke, but wouldn't stay running when you turn the choke off. Cleaned the air filter really good and then determined the fuel filter to be old and clogged. Put another fuel filter on and got it running again. It quit again and checked the fuel filter again and this one was clogged. I emptied the tank and realized there's a lot of crud sitting in the bottom. Apparently the vibration worked the crud loose and plugged the filter. So we sprayed a lot of carb cleaner in there and we're letting it soak to loosen everything up. Hopefully next weekend we can get it running good and get the job done. I'm so excited and feel so much satisfaction knowing that I was able to get this very old saw going, especially after it's been sitting for several years. I love it when I can fix something and it works right.