Husky Rancher chainsaw

/ Husky Rancher chainsaw #1  

teach

Silver Member
I have a fairly new (year and 1/2 old) Husky Rancher chainsaw that is having issues. The oiler doesn't pump any oil to the bar/chain. I tried cleaning the saw with the cover off and even put on a brand new bar and still no oil. Also, if I leave the saw in the workshop for several weeks without using, it will leak bar oil all over the floor. What gives? Any suggestions???
Thanks.
Teach

/ Husky Rancher chainsaw #2  
Did you turn the oil volume adjuster? I believe it has 3 positions. Maybe
the highest flow position will flow enough oil to postpone having to take
everything apart.

/ Husky Rancher chainsaw #3  
Could be plugged,on my echo,after taking side cover off[the one with bolts holding chain bar on]you take bar and chain off,there is a metal plate with a couple of screws,take that off,and underneath is oil holes and you might see oil line,fine sawdust and grass and weeds get under it and stop oil to chain,but still oil comes out and drains after a while while setting,takes me about 10 min to do this on mine.

/ Husky Rancher chainsaw #4  
I have a fairly new (year and 1/2 old) Husky Rancher chainsaw that is having issues. The oiler doesn't pump any oil to the bar/chain. I tried cleaning the saw with the cover off and even put on a brand new bar and still no oil. Also, if I leave the saw in the workshop for several weeks without using, it will leak bar oil all over the floor. What gives? Any suggestions???
Thanks.
Teach

Could be a couple things wrong with the oiler. Throw some 10-30w oil in there without the bar and see if you can see oil coming out at the feeder hole with the saw running. If not, you have 1. oil line came disattached. 2. pump gear spun out 3. A clog on the filter screen that might clean out with some gasoline.

If your oil line is still attached and you do not have a hole in the reservoir, pressure from running the saw could be causing the oil to seep out after shut down. Just loosen and retighten the oil filler cap to have pressure escape after you're thru using the saw for the day.

/ Husky Rancher chainsaw
Thanks guys! I took it to my dealer today, but at least now I know what to inquire about when they explained what they did.
Teach