Chainsaw stuff...

/ Chainsaw stuff... #21  
If your saw has sat for a while, the best thing for it is to dump out the old gas (it can go in your vehicle, whatever). Dump out what's in the can, too. Put some fresh mix oil in the can and fill it up with fresh premium gas from the station. Your saw and your arm will thank you.

/ Chainsaw stuff... #22  
I keep seeing 455 rancher from Husky pop up on this forum. Seems to be popular with the tractor crowd. I love buying new saws and do so often. The Rancher was such a let down that I took it back and got another Husky. Traded it for the 346xp, a smaller saw but way faster and lighter.
I have decided to stay away from anything with catching names like rancher, farm tough, ect.. The only thing a chainsaw should say is PRO or XP.

/ Chainsaw stuff... #23  
The only thing a chainsaw should say is PRO or XP
Just to be picky the word "pro" on a chainsaw is probably much more abused than any other terminology (poulin pro, PROMAC etc) and XP is probably not far behind --- I only want my chainsaw to say "vroom"when I pull the trigger:p:p

/ Chainsaw stuff... #24  
It all depends on how much you want to use the saw. Going to drag it out once every 2-3 years to take care of the limbs from the storm? Get yourself a $50 electric.

3-4 times a year? That $130 Wild Thing would work for you.

1-2 times a month? Rancher / Farm Boss / etc will do the trick. $300-$500 saw here.

Once a week? Might want to think about a pro saw. $600 and up saw here.

3 or more times a week? Go for the pro.