Husky 357XP CHainsaw

/ Husky 357XP CHainsaw #11  
I'm glad you like your Husky. I wouldn't buy anything else. I have a 15 yr old 51 that has served me well. Several years ago, I bought a 346xp with an 18" bar and it is a great machine! The average homeowner is better served buying one good saw, trimmer, etc. than buying junk that has to be replaced every year.

/ Husky 357XP CHainsaw #12  
:eek: MY 357XP has actually been a big disappointment. It doesn't seem to have the power or rev like I expected.. :confused:

I own/have owned a number of their saws (261, 365 - just a super saw, 372, 385), in addition to a pile of Stihls, and figured this would be a good one for limbing and small stuff, but it just doesn't have the snap I expected. I love Huskys, but not this one..:(

/ Husky 357XP CHainsaw #13  
Husky was spun off of Electrolux in 2006. Just like alot of things, some of their brands are made to a price point. Any of the Husky or Johnsered professional equipment (look for the "Made in Sweden" on the tag) is among the best your going to get. 10 years out if a pro saw isnt unheard of by a consumer. My old Husky was running fine after 8 years, till it grew legs.

The other thing that has killed these saws is the enviro regulation crap. The mufflers are so darn restricted it causes the saw to run hotter then they should plus they run with less hp. I run a stihl now but I still did the muffler mod, the folks that have seen my saw run allways say that thing enjoys eating wood.

A guy up the road has a husky 342{I think}{bought from TSC} isn't this one of the low $$ husky's? He is having all kinds of trouble, 2nd husky close by me that had issue's, that's why I went with stihl. Heck my piece of crap craftsman was out cutting their saw's, that thing wouldn't even make a decent paper weight. NOT SAYING husky is no good I was just scared off by their low $$ machines. I allways get concerned when companies{any} start making low $$ products{stihl included} just so they can line their pockets.

/ Husky 357XP CHainsaw
I allways get concerned when companies{any} start making low $$ products{stihl included} just so they can line their pockets.

This is how they make $$$. It is like top notch wine companies making cheap wines.