John Deere chainsaw parts

/ John Deere chainsaw parts #1  

northcreek2624

Gold Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK40(2002)) Jacobsen 628D AWD Turfcat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a JD, 70v saw(20") which was made by the same people who make the Echo saw.It is an awesome saw and I would like to keep it running forever if possible.I realize that it's a 20 year old saw but,the reason I chose JD was their reputation for providing parts for their stuff no matter how old,this kind of ticks-me-off and influenced my decision to buy another brand of CUT last year.
Forgive my rambling,what I wanted to ask is if anybody knows of a source for obsolete JD chainsaw parts?.....thanks for listening,Mike

/ John Deere chainsaw parts #2  
Check with an Echo dealer. Might also check with a different JD dealer. JD is usually pretty good in supporting their products.

/ John Deere chainsaw parts #4  
If your JD is the same vintage as the one I had it is truly an Echo and you would find a metal label from Kioritz (sp?) Echo's parent company on it. I gave my JD to a neighbor who has younger arms than me and he is looking for an oil pump for it currently but the local Echo dealer is coming up empty.

/ John Deere chainsaw parts #5  
my dad has a JD saw of simular age. 10EV if i remember right. Still runs good today. We have sourced parts for it in the past from echo.

/ John Deere chainsaw parts
Thanks guys,I was needing the rear handle and found & bought two of them.The internet is awesome for this old stuff and if you screw around long enough you usualy find your stuff.
The key was finding the corresponding Echo saw model.I found out that if you remove the air cleaner cover(also other parts) the back side will be stamped with the Echo saw model.In my case the saw is a John Deere 70v and the Echo model is CS-702VL.
I now know that I can still find the breakable parts but,consumable things like an air filter are nowhere to be found....Thanks again for the input,Mike.