Recommendations for Chain saw chaps

/ Recommendations for Chain saw chaps #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
I just read thru about 15 pages of chap cr@p and found very few recommendations other than for Husqy full leggings.
I'm planning on buying two pair of chaps, one for me and one for someone else, size unknown (between 6'4" and 5'6"),

I want something like
Elvex ArborChaps is a chap designed for home owners. It meets the same performance requirements as our pro models, but does not come with a pocket.
and has an adjustable length
Chainsaw chaps and and vests from ELVEX
for the other guy or gal, bat am unsure what to get for myself. I like both of my legs, front and back.
Any good recommendations on what/why/where to buy?

I've looked at some other forums but didn't find much.

/ Recommendations for Chain saw chaps #2  
That was a good thread you are probably referring to, but, any time a thread gets really long it becomes pretty useless IMHO

I purchased chaps from Regular Chainsaw Chaps Meets ASTM F-1897-08 - Labonville Inc. because they were a good price and are 6 layers and because of a video demonstration. The staff was very pleasant to work with, the order came quickly.

I also bought a chainsaw hardhat/ facemask/hearing protection from them. It was cheap but it is not as heavy duty as some I have seen and the hearing protection is soso.

/ Recommendations for Chain saw chaps #3  
Another vote for Labonville. Watch the vid on the website.

/ Recommendations for Chain saw chaps #4  
For protection you only will be wearing consider the pants. They may be a little less constrictive on hot days.

Also take into account the quality of the protective gear. It will come in different grades that give different degrees of protection.:D

/ Recommendations for Chain saw chaps #7  
I bought a set of chaps from my Stihl dealer -- they go on sale a couple of times a year. Other than summer, I prefer the pants which I also got at my stihl dealer:eek:

/ Recommendations for Chain saw chaps #8  
Bailey's carries safety chaps in several lengths. They also have full wrap chaps and safety pants. I bought 2 pair of their chaps with the less expensive green 400 Denier nylon covering. They work fine for my home use.

Bailey's Chainsaw Chaps & Pants

/ Recommendations for Chain saw chaps #9  
Labonville. We use the 10-layer full-wrap competition chaps, which can be made to length. They keep you warm (legs sweat in summer), and I hope, safe. Thick, but not cumbersome. Extremely quick on-and-off, stitching appears to be high quality. Only downside appears to be the price but then again we have not cut them...

/ Recommendations for Chain saw chaps #10  
I've had good experience with Baileys on other products, so I'd vote for them.