Chainsaw Pole Pruner

/ Chainsaw Pole Pruner #41  
I just picked up a Echo PPT 260 extendable. Top notch grip handle :thumbsup: and 2 stroke motor.

Thanks for posting that 3 cut step, that should help me out. I'm trying to learn this thing before the winter ice storms.

Attachments

• IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 354
   / Chainsaw Pole Pruner #42  
We have used the Echo fixed pole pruners. Work well and dependable. My small engine repair guy says to use only "premium" fuel for small engines, because "regular" has ethanol in it and that is contributing to gum ups in the fuel system on mowers and such.

And- Kubota has the hydraulic accessory tool option for their 4 wheel buggy. When will they come out with their hydraulic powered pruners, chain saws and tools and ports for the BX and B series? That would be nice.

/ Chainsaw Pole Pruner #43  
I'm another one who just can't justify the price of a "good" pole saw. A few years ago I needed to cut two limbs off a Maple tree that were too close to the house. I gave $160 for a Poulan, cut as far as I could from the roof, then cut the rest from the ground. I figured that paid for the saw, now I have it for whatever jobs I need it. Couldn't go with electric as I use it at the farm some too. ~~ grnspot110

/ Chainsaw Pole Pruner #44  
We have used the Echo fixed pole pruners. Work well and dependable. My small engine repair guy says to use only "premium" fuel for small engines, because "regular" has ethanol in it and that is contributing to gum ups in the fuel system on mowers and such.

And- Kubota has the hydraulic accessory tool option for their 4 wheel buggy. When will they come out with their hydraulic powered pruners, chain saws and tools and ports for the BX and B series? That would be nice.

You can buy a lot of gas powered tools for the cost of just one of those hydraulic powered tools :(

/ Chainsaw Pole Pruner #45  
My husqvarna pole saw is still running like new and has never given me any problems. It is one of my favorite tools :)

/ Chainsaw Pole Pruner #47  
Yeah. And you are tethered to the hydraulic source, too.

Yeah, which isn't a problem when your in a basket 60-80' in the air. But on the ground dragging a hydraulic hose across the ground will get old real quick. I looked into it when I bought my orchard but ruled it out when I really saw the price of the tools and limitations.

/ Chainsaw Pole Pruner #48  
I've been using a Stihl Combi unit, pole saw, string trimmer and cutter blade all on the same powerhead, for about three years. No problems with the system, the attachments are real quick change and the pole saw cuts great. I don't recall actual price but it was a bit high. I must say however, I have had no problems with the system and that sorta balances out the high price.

/ Chainsaw Pole Pruner #49  
Yeah, which isn't a problem when your in a basket 60-80' in the air. But on the ground dragging a hydraulic hose across the ground will get old real quick. I looked into it when I bought my orchard but ruled it out when I really saw the price of the tools and limitations.

You know I have a Power Trac tractor that is all hydraulic, from the drive system to all attachments. Everything is hydraulic. Hydraulics are crazy powerful. I was really tempted to get a hydraulic chainsaw just to eliminate another gas engine to maintain until I realized those tether limitations. Like you said, a bucket truck is ideal because the saw doesn't need to go anywhere else and the hoses act like a rope in case you drop the saw.

/ Chainsaw Pole Pruner #50  
My neighbor bought a Poulan Pro a few years back . With his 5 acres and our 5 acres of oak trees , we go out maybe once every 3 or 4 years and trim up the sagging limbs for both brush hogging the fields and so the horses don't poke their eyes out , ( I refer to them as the 3 stooges , these guys do qualify for Helmets , if you know what I mean :cool: ) .

This year I ended up buying a new carb and fuel lines for it , as the ethanol gas had ate up the lines in the tank , ( neighbor forgot to drain tank last use
:confused2: ) . Total was less than $ 40 including shipping from parts tree .
Put together and runs like a champ again .

As mentioned above , for the amount we use it cannot justify a Stihl or other that is more than the $180 he spent on the Poulan .

Fred H.