Chainsaw help ...

/ Chainsaw help ...
Does it have the "flocked" Air filter.

Change it (about $10)

Went crazy with mine and changed one that looked exactly like the new one and it works great now.

Simple test is just run without airfilter for a minute in a clean area, and see if it straightens up.

They can sure be frustrating when they do not work right.

Thanks ... ran the simple test and no different

/ Chainsaw help ...
I would also check the fuel pickup hose inside the fuel tank. sometimes they go bad or get kinked.

Thanks ...Pulled the entire fuel line, inspected it and found no problems

/ Chainsaw help ...
I would try changing the fuel filter, you can not see the water that gets trapped in it. Water will not let enough fuel through to let it run well or start after a while. Fuel filters are not that expensive.

If that doesn't work check the fuel lines, then the carb.

Randy

Thanks, I am going to pick one up in the morning and trouble shoot this with the mechanic at the store. I have never rebuilt a chainsaw carb ... can't be that difficult ... CAN IT??

/ Chainsaw help ... #14  
Thanks, I am going to pick one up in the morning and trouble shoot this with the mechanic at the store. I have never rebuilt a chainsaw carb ... can't be that difficult ... CAN IT??

No, they are not that hard, but I would suggest doing it on a baking pan with sides (cookie sheet) That way when a little ball, spring, whatchamacalit falls out you at least stand a chance of finding the blasted thing.

/ Chainsaw help ... #15  
See if you can get a print out of the way the carb goes together. Helps to avoid surprises. I'm sure you'll do fine.

/ Chainsaw help ...
See if you can get a print out of the way the carb goes together. Helps to avoid surprises. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Darn good piece of advise ... Thanks!!

/ Chainsaw help ... #17  
Had a husky that acted just like that a while back - was sure it had a cracked carb diaphragm. When I took it apart, I found the well in the carb casting where the fuel line comes in was PACKED with crud. Cleaned this out with carb cleaner, along with the little filter screen in the bottom. I could not find any way that the crud got there since it it had a good OEM filter on the hose in the tank. I finally figured maybe it was the material of the filter itself, so I replaced that. The carb diaphragm looked fine (you can usually tell if there's holes or cracks by shining a strong light on one side while you look at the other). All back together and runs perfect!

- Jay

/ Chainsaw help ... #18  
I'd offer some help but believe everything that I can think of has been covered. Start at the begainning, line in tank and filter. Then work your way up/to the carb, remember it only takes a pin hole to stop these pups. Also make sure the carb is tight to the jug.
Let us know what you find :)