Chainsaw Bar Oil

/ Chainsaw Bar Oil #41  
I take it it was non clarified oil?

soundguy

/ Chainsaw Bar Oil #42  
I take it it was non clarified oil?

soundguy

No clue. I had the saw shipped in from a arborist out of state and that's all he told me. I know the vegi he used was the worst clean up I have ever had to do under the clutch cover, build up around clutch drum, chain and bar.
I put the bar, chain, and clutch cover in the dishwasher to help remove the sticky crap.

/ Chainsaw Bar Oil #43  
I've tried and will continue to use canola oil . It flows good and seems to lube links ok . Any body else use this ? Husqvarna 285 and 262

/ Chainsaw Bar Oil #44  
what's the price per gallon?

soundguy

/ Chainsaw Bar Oil #45  
heard of people using veg oil, with mushroom spores to innoculate stumps. does it flow well? what about over winter will it gunk up.

/ Chainsaw Bar Oil #46  
heck if we are so worried about the environment shouldn't we all sell our tractors or junk them so they can't pollute anymore. Use hand saws and hatchets. Mules to pull our equipment, then reuse their waste as green fertilizer. Man I know we have to look out for the planet, but it's getting to where we can't have an idea. Where are the heavy metals going when they recycle the oil. I bet the exhaust we put out every day doing things we really don't have to do are way worse than the guy that recycled his used oil for bar oil. We all want to point out the little things we have learned from TV, internet, magazines, political speeches, whatever media; then we drive, mow, plow, whatever. Don't put down a guy that's probably not putting out as much "green house gas" as the rest of us.
We just have to use some common sense. sorry about the rant.

/ Chainsaw Bar Oil #47  
I don't remember the price but we had some leftover . I also read on another site fellers in the pacific northwest who cut for a living are using canola oil on longer bars than what I have (24 and 20) .

/ Chainsaw Bar Oil #48  
heck if we are so worried about the environment shouldn't we all sell our tractors or junk them so they can't pollute anymore. Use hand saws and hatchets. Mules to pull our equipment, then reuse their waste as green fertilizer. Man I know we have to look out for the planet, but it's getting to where we can't have an idea. Where are the heavy metals going when they recycle the oil. I bet the exhaust we put out every day doing things we really don't have to do are way worse than the guy that recycled his used oil for bar oil. We all want to point out the little things we have learned from TV, internet, magazines, political speeches, whatever media; then we drive, mow, plow, whatever. Don't put down a guy that's probably not putting out as much "green house gas" as the rest of us.
We just have to use some common sense. sorry about the rant.

I agree. Most of those who want to take our right to drive a full size truck, own two stroke equipment, burn real gas, etc. ride in limos and fly all over for week end trips.

/ Chainsaw Bar Oil #50  
i use waste oil from our trctors/truck/cars//whatever