Chain Saw Recommendations - not a professional one please

/ Chain Saw Recommendations - not a professional one please #41  
When all my others let me down and I needed one fast and cheep late last fall,
I ended up at Home Depot and found an Echo on sale. I had never heard of the Echo before but it "looked" ok and had a very good sales pitch right on the box.

I had had so many starting problems with Poulin etc,...and since this Echo bragged about its quick and easy starting phase,..... I bought it.

I worked the heck out of it for a few days. I must tell you, I never ever had a chainsaw that started so easily and did such a fine job for me, that I will highly recommend the brand. Good luck with whatever you choose.

CHEERS!
. . tug

/ Chain Saw Recommendations - not a professional one please #42  
u should be able to pick up a ECHO for about $250-$350. i know this because i own 3 of them ( its the only one i would by ) . pros= lighter weight than other comparable brand , 5 year warranty ( no hassel ) , higher HORSEPOWER than other brands . cons= less TORQUE than other brands . I own a 14", 18", and a 31" saw . All are from echo . I have been running them since 1998. The 31 i just got 3 years ago . the reason i like them is because of high horse power low torque . this usually relate to a lighter but faster saw. the drawback is u need took keep a sharp blade on it ( which i can cut about 6-10 rick of red oak one bladesharpening ) . the will cut through wood faster than other brand IF U KEEP A SHARP BLADE ON . its not that hard just keep it out of the dirt. i cut about 40-50 rick a year. im not saying anything bad about the others i just like lighter saws. sthil cut great even if u have a duller blade because u can force them in . i just thought this might b important since u were retired.

/ Chain Saw Recommendations - not a professional one please #44  
I like the Stihl MS-290 it is a good chainsaw "FarmBoss"

/ Chain Saw Recommendations - not a professional one please #45  
Stihl 029 farm boss...its a great non professional...all around the ranch workhorse. mines 5 yo, starts with 1-2 pulls every time.....very powerful cutter also. not too heavy for us old farts....about $350.00 if i remember

/ Chain Saw Recommendations - not a professional one please #46  
The best buy out there is a Echo CS400 off Ebay for just over $200 new but you need to pull the limiter caps and tune it richer. With a muff modd my 13# 40cc Cs400 cuts just as fast as mt 17-3/4# 56cc Stihl 029 and the Echo is built better. Steve

/ Chain Saw Recommendations - not a professional one please #47  
   / Chain Saw Recommendations - not a professional one please #48  
So a "rick" would be a face cord from what I read here.. I'd heard the expression before, just never knew exactly what it was.

Sean