stihl ms362

/ stihl ms362 #11  
...I also picked up a MS460 with the 25" bar, what an animal of a chainsaw...

You will love it - it is a monster - will cut those trees like butter. Just be careful as you tire because it is a little beefy. The power in that thing finally pushed me into getting a pair of chaps. I have run without them for years and I never thought about it until reading advice on here.

Have fun and be safe!

/ stihl ms362 #12  
I recently doing a LOT of research on arboristsite, I purchased a Stihl MS361 with a 20" bar and I really like it. From everything I have read, the MS460/461 is a REAL BEAST!! You should love it!! :thumbsup:

/ stihl ms362 #13  
The power in that thing finally pushed me into getting a pair of chaps. I have run without them for years and I never thought about it until reading advice on here.

Yes, after reading all of the horror stories both on TBN and Arborsite.com I picked up some Stihl branded chaps back when I purchased the MS290 a couple of years ago. I am pretty careful but like you said it only takes a second when you are tired to cause a lot of grief. I also have the Stihl helmet with the integrated flip down face shield and muffs. I wear both items when I run either saw or the chipper. Not fun in the 90 degree heat we had this past weekend but better safe than sorry :D

The MS460 is indeed one heck of machine. Going back an forth between the MS290 and the MS460 there is no comparison. For limbing the MS290 was a lot lighter to work with but for powering through and bucking the large logs the MS460 rules.

/ stihl ms362 #14  
I have a MS361 and a MS362, both are great saws but I think the MS362 might be a little better in the anti vibe department and a slightly wider power band. I have lots of other Stihl saws MS260,361,362,441,056 Mag and MS660 and looking forward to the release of the MS261 soon.

/ stihl ms362 #15  
I have a MS270 Woodboss and that thing is amazing. I can't imagine running some of the saws you guys do. I know this is an old thread, but a helmet and chaps have saved me several times while working in the woods. My wife works at a hospital and sees quite a few serious logging injuries a year.