576xp

/ 576xp #1  

crazyal

Tractor
Kubota, Case, Deere
Has anyone got a chance to see this saw in action? It looks like it could be a replacement for the 372xp. My current 357xp is starting to show it's age. I'm not really set on husky over other brands but I do have some spare parts, like a couple of new bars (that don't fit my 357xp) to it makes sense to stay orange. Also I'm not up to date on some of the other brands.

I want something not too heavy but will have more 'umph' to cut through 24" ~ 30" maple and beech. The 357 will do it but I'm guessing in the long run a larger saw will mean less work on my part. Plus who wouldn't want another saw.

/ 576xp #2  
What kind of price are you getting on the 576? I have two 372XP's that I wouldn't trade for anything, they're just tried and true. The 576XP has supposed to have solved the bearing problems of the 575, but it just hasn't had the time in use as the 372's for me. If you like to try out new things, give it a whirl, I've heard it is the EPA compiant replacement for the 372 (if there is such a thing). I think it weighs a bit more, but I've been told it is balanced quite well and the increase in weight is not noticeable; I picked one up at the dealer and it seemed a bit awkward, but then again, I'm used to the handling of the 372's. I have a 357XP too, it's a great saw, I can't imagine one starting to show its age enough to get rid of it though; they're little hot rods straight from the factory. If it's down on power or just hard to start, check your air filter, change your plug, make sure your gas line isn't getting soft, change the fuel filter and adjust your carb. If it's way down on power, do a compression check, it may need re-ringed which is quite easy to do. Also, some of the 357XP's and 359's (the lower powered brother of the 357XP) had a clamp problem for the intake boot; if it was leaking you may have scored the piston, there is a metal clamp upgrade for them. Depending on the age of the saw (if this winds up being the problem) seveal dealers will work with Husky to cover repairs even when the saw is out of warranty.

/ 576xp #3  
The reviews i have seen on the 576XP are mixed but mostly positive. A lot of dealers still have some 372XP's on hand. If I were you I'd try to get my hands on one of those if you are looking for a 70cc class saw. I have a 371XP which is basically the same saw and it absolutely rips.

/ 576xp #4  
I have a 372xpw. Never ran a 576, but I hear that the 576 is slightly more weight and a slight bit more grunt.

I'd never give up my 372 though!

/ 576xp
I'm not going to get rid of the 357, just looking to add a big brother for some of the larger trees around here. I really haven't been putting much effort into it but I have been noticing that the 372xp seams to be getting hard to find. I've seen the 576xp on-line for $820 with a 24" bar. I haven't looked on-line too much yet but the local shop can't get the 372xp anymore.

A friend has a 272xp and I like the saw. I think it's as big as I would want to go though. Now that my lot is cleared and house is built my cutting has dropped down to about 6 cord a year. My poor little 357 has cut a lot of wood clearing my lot and I did pull the muffler and there's some scoring on the piston. I've seen aftermarket kits, basically turn it into a 359, not sure how noticeable the drop in power would be. I've also seen what looks like an OEM kit, piston, cylinder, gasket, and ring for $200.

So I find myself seeing a few ads for the 372xp for about the same price the 576xp but from places I really never heard about. They also look like they haven't been updated in a little while so I'm not sure if they really do have any left. Or I can just place an order for a 576 and have it here in a few days.

/ 576xp #6  
So I find myself seeing a few ads for the 372xp for about the same price the 576xp but from places I really never heard about. They also look like they haven't been updated in a little while so I'm not sure if they really do have any left. Or I can just place an order for a 576 and have it here in a few days.

The 372xp was discontinued and replaced by models meeting more stringent EPA emission standards.

The 372xpw is a lot easier to find. It has 5 more cc's than the 372xp, and a full wrap handle. That's what I have, and I love it. The AV on it is great. When I set it down on the ground running, it doesn't try to walk away like my Stihls do. :)