Now We're Talking Beer

/ Now We're Talking Beer #2  
I've never heard of American strong ale before. From the reviews, it's what I think of as a Belgian style beer.

My favourite Canadian beers along hose lines are made by Unibroue.

/ Now We're Talking Beer #3  
Ah Beer and it's production.

Now it has been said by some that if the beverage is not Brewed to the

Bavarian 'Purity Law' of 1516"[/QUOTE]

It may not meet standards of proper Beer!:)

Taste test's may indicate some of Czechoslovakian Beer, such as "Pilsner from Pilsen" is a Beer to which other Beer's should be compared To!:thumbsup:

/ Now We're Talking Beer #4  
This may preclude a lot of beers. Remind me when hop use started? Pappazian indicates hop use started about 200 years ago(The Joy of Homebrewing). Palmer indicates hops have been around since ~1500, but does not indicate its use in beer(How to Brew).

Yeast was not understood till well after the 1500's. Make that 1860's by Louis Pasteur.

Reinheitsgebot mentions hops, but their use was very limited then(per Palmer).

Since, every beer these days has yeast, they all break the Reinheitsgebot code.

Of course, some break it worse than others. Budweiser uses large quantities of rice in their beer. Coors uses large quantities of corn in their beer. Both rice and corn and their resultant sugars, are significantly cheaper than malted barley(primary base, and source of fermentable sugars).

Now it has been said by some that if the beverage is not Brewed to the

Bavarian 'Purity Law' of 1516"[/QUOTE]

It may not meet standards of proper Beer!:)

/ Now We're Talking Beer #5  
Oh, the specifics which may be slightly clouded!

Reinheitsgebot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There may be a,before yeast, interpretation that breweries were consuming too much of the grain crop so Brewing of Ale was limited to barley so other grains could be used for Bread!:D

It may also be noted that Beer has been brewed since time immortal.:)

On a personal taste test of many years ago the European Beers would relegate our major beers to the "Swill Category".:laughing:

And note: Beer does not come in cans!:(

/ Now We're Talking Beer #6  
Swill? Spülwasser!

I read an interview with a Trappist brewer who said that he liked Budweiser and said that he admired their ability to produce those billions of cans of beer and be so consistent. I think that he said that while he liked drinking it, he refused to buy it. :)

/ Now We're Talking Beer #7  
I may not be a beer critic but I know what I like...Molson Golden! :)