Chainsaws

/ Chainsaws #11  
Jonsereds are an upscale Husky? I hadn't heard that. I'd like more info - do they mix parts?

Will the bar oil stop running out if I stored it on it's air intake side with the blade in the air? I could make a quick wooden jig for that. I usually run everything dry, but since I'm not a pro, I sometimes just use it for a few minutes.

/ Chainsaws #13  
both brands are owned by Electrolux of Sweden, Jonsered have more features and have more available models. most if not all of the smaller and more popular Husky models are mass produced in the U.S. and should be avoided,the larger ones are fine. the larger Husky models are great but i would still opt for Jonsered if only for turbo. PTOnline

/ Chainsaws #14  
I've got an old 056 Super AV Stihl that is like an old Harley-
Lots of weight, lots of torque, kind of a beast to run, puts muscles in places that didn't used to be places. And marks its territory!! But, it just doesn't die!!!!

/ Chainsaws #15  
Chainsaws: I own a 12yr old Husky Practica 61. I abuse the poor thing, I start once or twice a year, I never drain the fuel or put in stabilizer, but is always starts one the second or third pull. Today, it didn't start. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif The fuel line turned into a rubbery goo, and separated from the carb. A trip to ACE and a whopping 29 cents out of pocket, I was up and running with only three pulls. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif It does leak bar oil, but only if I don't store it on it's side. If I were to buy a small saw for trimming, I would definitely look at the Husky 335XPT. It is a small lightweight pro-quality saw for tree climbers. It is probably expensive for it's size, but it's not an entry level saw.

Recipricating saw: Have you considered a recipricating saw for trim work? I have 24Volt Bosch recipricating saw which I use for triming. It handles limbs up to 4" with no problem. I've tackled much larger with it, but I wouldn't recommend anything larger than the blade length for safety sake.