Chainsaws

/ Chainsaws #1  

AMP762

Gold Member
Tractor
Mitsu D1550 Farmall super A
Hi folks
Looking for a replacement for my recently departed saw.I need a 12 or 14 in. for trim work.What say you all,good bad and ugly.

/ Chainsaws #2  
I had to replace my pro mac after 25 years. I bought a Husquvarna (sp) I am well pleased with it. It is about half the weight of the pro mac.

/ Chainsaws #3  
Well, I'll be dipped - my Pro Mac stopped running, and I bought a Husky, too. I got a 357XP. Something about that number........

Does yours leak bar oil? I keep a pan under mine when it's on the shelf, and has oil in it. I wonder if Harley supplies some parts...../w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Chainsaws #4  
Yes it does. Mine is Rancher 55. I go way back with chain saws. My dad had a sawmill and timbering operation. I started out with crosscut saw. Then dad bought a Mall 2 man saw. What a monster, it weighted 85#. My first 1 man saw weighted 47# and this new one weights 11#. What an improvement.

/ Chainsaws #5  
my first pick would be Jonsered(Husqvarna`s upscale version) model 4110 or its equivalent, it is turbo(great feature) it is usually sold with a 16 in. bar but 14 in. would suit it great. 2-- Shindaiwa model 488 or smaller, Japanese made,very reliable. 3--Echo,also made in Japan, not quite as costly as the previous two. PTOnline

/ Chainsaws #6  
These products "Rock"
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stihlusa.com/>http://www.stihlusa.com/</A>

/ Chainsaws #7  
Look at the MS260 Stihl. This is a small professional model that'll last a lifetime if not abused.

/ Chainsaws #9  
My Husky leaks bar oil. But, niether Harley that sits on the other side of the garage do/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

/ Chainsaws #10  
I just shopped for and bought a new saw on Saturday. My 19 year old Stihl died already. After looking at Stihl, Jonsered and Husqvarna, I bought a Husqvarna. My requirements were a 16 - 18" bar, around 10 - 11 LB in weight and around 3 h.p. I got the model 345 with an 18" bar. Used it yesterday for the first time and was impressed.

I did notice something peculiar, though. Every Stihl dealer had exactly the same price on their saws. The Husqvarna dealers all had different prices, and only had one Jonsered dealer so no comparison. It is almost like the Stihl dealers had no ability to set the price of the saw to whatever they wanted to sell it for. I thought it was a little odd. The nice thing is I bought from a local shop (a one man operation) that sold his saws cheaper than Lowe's. Felt good about buying from the little guy.