Ever had this happen?

/ Ever had this happen? #1  

s78wingrider

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 gear
I've used chainsaws ever since I was a teenager but never had this happen. Was cutting firewood and saw was running fine, then made a strange noise and quit. I couldn't believe it but the sparkplug had fallen out! :eek:

/ Ever had this happen? #2  
Not as falling out (had one loose because of my mistake) you didn't notice feel or sound soon before quitting???

/ Ever had this happen? #3  
Same here Ive had them really loose but never actually fall out.

/ Ever had this happen? #4  
I would be curious what was the next thing you did? Put the plug back in... and ran it fine?

/ Ever had this happen? #6  
plug, it don't need no stinkin plug.

I did have bolts fall into recoil and jam things up real fast once.

/ Ever had this happen? #7  
Never on a saw but I had one blow out of the head on an old Dodge I had. It took the threads with it.

/ Ever had this happen?
I put the plug back in but only had a pair of needle nose pliers. Got it tight enough to finish load but in a little bit, I noticed it was lose again but plug wasn't lose, it was coming apart. I did have another with me, don't know why since didn't have plug wrench :confused2:

/ Ever had this happen? #9  
Had a crankcase bolt back out and hit the flywheel while carrying the saw idling. It stopped the saw dead could not turn it over. It was 11 am on a Saturday on a Memorial day weekend and I needed a saw bad so I raced into town and bought a new one, the store closed at noon. When I had time I tore the saw apart and found the loose bolt. Sure wish I had known the problem right away, never would have rushed into buying a saw. Never had a spark plug fall out though.

/ Ever had this happen? #10  
I was cutting along just fine when it began to rattle. Shut down, nothing noticeable, fired up and finished. Wouldn't start again. Tore it down and found the electrode had separated of the plug and beat the bejabbers out of the top of the piston including peening over the ring lands. Cost me a new piston rod assy. Still haven't figured out how it started after I shut it down the first time.

1951 The old man's Caterpillar 22 (small gas tractor about D2 size built back in the 30s I think). Had a full length cover over the plugs. Cranked it one day, big bang and it froze up. Couldn't pull it an inch with the crank. Plug had blown out and apparently blew all the oil out of that cylinder. We managed to get it to rotate using a pry bar - ran just fine for years after but that #1 plug had to be retightened regularly.

Harry K