Anyone used the Super Splitter?

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #1  

DJ4wd

Bronze Member
Tractor
Rhino International 3224
At the county fair I watched one of these run. Supposedly you can run a cord an hour through it. Thats if your all set up and ready to run. Im thinking about getting one of these next year.

Log Splitter, Wood Splitter - Super Split(R)

The man who owns our trarsh collection company knows an Amish guy who builds and, sells them cheaper though.

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #2  
That type of spitter makes sense to me using I think is centrifical force am I right. Just don't understand how it can be continuous - like it but need help understanding it - hoddykubody

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #3  
   / Anyone used the Super Splitter? #4  
That type of spitter makes sense to me using I think is centrifical force am I right. Just don't understand how it can be continuous - like it but need help understanding it - hoddykubody

It uses angular momentum - the energy of the spinning flywheels - to store energy. There is a rack and pinion mechanism to convert the rotational energy of the flywheels to linear energy to push the ram through the log. I'd wonder how many times you can jam the pinion in and out of the rack before something gives.

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #5  

Just flywheel stored energy, nothing centripetal about it -
{centrifugal force isn't, but that is an olde lo skool fisix joke}

Anyway, yes, I've used one and liked it a lot.
Nice to have a small quiet engine and not have to wait for any sort of a "return cycle".
It would be hard to bring wood to/from one of these too fast for it to keep up (-:

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter?
I have a flyer from the guy who builds them, I will try to remember to scan it and Ill post it as soon as I do.
If you watch the second video on the link I posted, it shows a guy really working it with some nice wood.

Here it is, the Amish built splitter
DJSPLITTER001.jpg

DJSPLITTER2001.jpg

/ Anyone used the Super Splitter? #8  
How do you back it out of a knotty log when it gets stuck?

Aaron Z

Thats a question I asked, and he pointed out that the wedge is mounted and the ram is the flat part. So you would back it up and slam it again, and again if necessary. He was saying that each hit to the wood would be between 20-50 ton.
He rents it for 24 hrs , but you can only use it 8 of them for $100. Everyone who has one says if you had the wood stacked you could absolutely split a cord an hr, "if you can lift it on the table you can split it."
Log Splitter, Wood Splitter - Super Split(R)
Watch the second video