Small Saws - Husky 235 vs Stihl MS170

/ Small Saws - Husky 235 vs Stihl MS170 #21  
I would go with the stihl,, I have owned several saws over the years and all but the stihs are in the trash.. My favorite little saw is the 025, cuts great, easy to start and almost indestructable.. My favorite large saw is my new 361,, that saw rips some wood but is a little heavy for trimming and general use.

Just out of curiousity,
what were the other saws that are now in the trash??? Poulans, craftsmans, eager beavers, etc????

/ Small Saws - Husky 235 vs Stihl MS170 #22  
LD1

I have had terrible luck with the Poulans and the Huskies,, which is strange as several friends own Huskies and swear by them..I do not know any one that expects the Poulans to last..

/ Small Saws - Husky 235 vs Stihl MS170 #23  
I have a 25 year old Poulan/Craftsman that starts sometimes. My Stihl is much easier to start. That Poulan proably has just a hundred hours on it, just a homeowner toy, not unlike the Stihl but the Stihl makes me happy as it starts and the blade does not spin at idle. Poulan either turns the blade a bit or dies.

/ Small Saws - Husky 235 vs Stihl MS170 #24  
I have a Stihl 026 got it in 1990. Sometimes does not want to start. I think the fleece air filter is real sensitive to fines. I usually take it out, split it and wash it out with soap and water. overnight dry ,a smell of ether and it has always started. I should have a spare air filter but they are $25. It never fails to start when warm.
I have started to do some volunteer work on local trails ,including the Appalachian Trail locally. So a couple of things have come up. First I had to get certified by the USFS to work on Federal land. First aid and a 2 day course.
I actually learned stuff, figured I would, lot of years of bad habits.
Now I have to backpack a saw. I am not so young anymore so I am looking at small Saws. I think the Stihl MS192 looks interesting 12" Bar . Really light saw, big tanks. Anybody use one.?
Oh yeah , Really good Stihl Dealer 20 min out.