New Chainsaw Question

/ New Chainsaw Question #101  
My little old Stihl 019T was stolen last month and I have been in the process of getting my dad's old Homelites running...
So far 4 are running fine with 4 to go...
I don't think that I will wear out those 8 saws anytime soon...

It's more likely those old Homelites will wear YOU out :laughing:

Sean

/ New Chainsaw Question #102  
Well, I finally bit the bullet today and ordered the 600P with 24" bar and chain from Wise Sales in Illinois.

Now the race against the first big snow begins.. might have just purchased an expensive ornament for the next few months if we get a storm.

Good luck with the Echo, although I've never owned one I've always heard they were a tough, reliable saw.

For whatever reason (probably dealer demographics) this has always been Husky/Jonsered country around me, now we're seeing more and more Stihl's showing up.

Dolmar is virtually non-existent here.

Sean

/ New Chainsaw Question
This is true classic, the day my CS-600P arrived, I went on EBAY and within five seconds, I found the chain brake that had been eluding me for over a year, and at about half the price it was when available through parts sellers.

I bought it, and installed it last night, and am now a three-saw operation, lol. The old Echo CS500 has a new bar (its first in 30 years) and chain, and the CS-300 has its first new bar. The chain brake on the CS 500 wasn't as simple to install as it would appear, but after finding the right sequence of expletives it got on there and works. Haven't yet started the CS-600P, but the snow melted today, and if we don't get some soon, I might give it a whirl.

Attachments

• arsenal small file.jpg
    arsenal small file.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 396
   / New Chainsaw Question #104  
This is true classic, the day my CS-600P arrived, I went on EBAY and within five seconds, I found the chain brake that had been eluding me for over a year, and at about half the price it was when available through parts sellers.

I bought it, and installed it last night, and am now a three-saw operation, lol. The old Echo CS500 has a new bar (its first in 30 years) and chain, and the CS-300 has its first new bar. The chain brake on the CS 500 wasn't as simple to install as it would appear, but after finding the right sequence of expletives it got on there and works. Haven't yet started the CS-600P, but the snow melted today, and if we don't get some soon, I might give it a whirl.

After 3 years MOF, how do you like your 600P Echo? I'm wondering if you ever wished for an even longer bar than the 24"