Ford 3930, Ford 6600, Agco Aliss 5670, Deutz D10006, Deutz D10006A
Hey all
First time posting in this area but I am happy
Starting today I'm a proud owner of a new MS 290 Stihl Chainsaw
After a while of wondering what chainsaw I should buy I finally got it

Hopefully will give me many good hours of cutting trees
Any comments or questions welcome

/ New Stihl MS 290 #2  
I've had my 290 about two years now and it has handled everything I have thrown at it.
Pound for pound it's as good as any saw I've ever owned. I don't think you'll be disappointed in it.

/ New Stihl MS 290 #3  
Hey all
First time posting in this area but I am happy
Starting today I'm a proud owner of a new MS 290 Stihl Chainsaw
After a while of wondering what chainsaw I should buy I finally got it

Hopefully will give me many good hours of cutting trees
Any comments or questions welcome

Congratulations on the purchase.

Pics are always welcome:D

/ New Stihl MS 290 #4  
Bradly,

Congratulations.

Which bar length did you get?

I've had mine for only a month and so I don't have a lot of experience using it. But so far, so good.

I'm using it in combination with a MS 170 (14" bar) and a Husqvarna brushcutter to clear privet on my farm. I'm no spring chicken, so I will reach for the 170 rather than the 290 if it can handle the task.:)

Steve

/ New Stihl MS 290 #5  
Ditto on Congrats and selection. I agree with smstonypoint...the older I get the lighter I like it. I've got the MS 180 and then an old 206 and the equivalent new version Pro 260. I've had so much reliable operation with Stihl that I don't want to experiment with anything else.

Bradly,

Congratulations.

Which bar length did you get?

I've had mine for only a month and so I don't have a lot of experience using it. But so far, so good.

I'm using it in combination with a MS 170 (14" bar) and a Husqvarna brushcutter to clear privet on my farm. I'm no spring chicken, so I will reach for the 170 rather than the 290 if it can handle the task.:)

Steve

/ New Stihl MS 290 #6  
The 290 is a great saw, of corse it's a Stihl, it should be great. :thumbsup:

/ New Stihl MS 290
I will get pictures when I get home and get to work

It has a 20" bar

Man I'm excited :laughing:

/ New Stihl MS 290 #8  
Nice saw! Are you getting it with the quick chain adjuster? I have an MS270, purchased in 2005 that underwent near continuous use for for weeks on end after hurricane Rita. I Stihl (still) ;-) use it often. If you treat that 290 well ought to be able to pass it on to someone when your days are over.

/ New Stihl MS 290
Nice saw! Are you getting it with the quick chain adjuster? I have an MS270, purchased in 2005 that underwent near continuous use for for weeks on end after hurricane Rita. I Stihl (still) ;-) use it often. If you treat that 290 well ought to be able to pass it on to someone when your days are over.
I beleive it has a quick chain adjuster I guess I havent looked to much yet just been reading the book
Can't wait to get to work with it
I'm STIHL excited
:)

/ New Stihl MS 290 #10  
Congrats!! Dollar for dollar, probably the best buy in the chainsaw world.

Will