Anyone been over at AS lately?

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #31  
Thank you so kind sir.

Maybe instead of adding trees when you get rep here we can give you a tractor and then as you get more rep all sorts of attachments will show up. The member with the most attachments wins. :laughing:

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #32  
That happened on occasion here. Most fuss was just because of change(myself included). The crew here has done a good job managing change though. And, pretesting it.

Seems like the old-timers there are'nt real happy with the format change.

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #33  
yes I was just over there. I should know better. I had not had my share of abuse for a couple of days, I can always count on at least one guy to put the boots to me over there.:thumbsup:

/ Anyone been over at AS lately?
yes I was just over there. I should know better. I had not had my share of abuse for a couple of days, I can always count on at least one guy to put the boots to me over there.:thumbsup:

LOL! :)

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #35  
yes
I hate it
I have 1500+ posts there but I won't be going back...
If I knew how to become an un-member I would.:laughing:

They have fixed a lot of the issues that made it so difficult to read:confused2: I have gone back since it no longer hurts eyes.

Just like every other place you might visit, 99.99% of the guys there are great. Every once in a while you find one person that seems to take many of your post the "wrong way" and say something negative about it. If that person is a long standing knowelegable and respected member it makes you look like an idiot. :confused:

If you are going to be made to look like an idiot, there isn't any sense in posting anything, you can't add any positive value to the forum if you are not going to be taken seriously.

I sure wouldn't take anyone seriously if every time a guy posts something somebody of great knowledge and experience points out that he has never seen such a thing in 30 years of wrenching on chainsaws, that the guy is probably using defective equipment that is giving false readings and he probably doesn't know how to use it correctly.:confused:

I was there today and now it seems that somebody has reported that I have "bashed" their site and all the good people on it, and that I had "got into it with another member" recently. That is not my take on it at all.

I don't "get into it" with anyone on the internet. It is pointless. I just take my beating and contemplate the adjectives and adverbs that were used to describe my post and then go away for a while and try to figure out what it was that I might have done to deserve that treatment so I can avoid doing it in the future. It takes 2 to argue, and I am just not going to do it. It isn't worth the effort.:D

There are some great people over there. Many of them are very enthuesiastic chainsaw users and collectors and have a wealth of knowledge to share.

Joecool85 gave me free chainsaw and Pioneerguy600 mailed me a mufler for a little Remington Mity Mite and refused to take any payment for it.:(

I think what goes around comes around, as my contribution to the chainsaw brotherhood, I drove about 70 miles to buy a huge old chainsaw that was listed on craigslist for another member. I paid for it, packaged it up and sent the 42 pound package to another state. He was very happy to get the saw and I was very happy to have been in a situation to help. It makes me feel good to do things like that.

Anyone member who needs a chainsaw picked up and mailed from central Michigan I will be glad to do it.

I have just got to the point that I need to take a little break from posting there.:cool:

Last edited:
   / Anyone been over at AS lately?
Yeah agreed there are long term posters on every site it seems that can say about anything true or false they want to and the regurgitators and posers will come and pat them on the back for it. :laughing:

The good people see thru it even if they don't say anything. :thumbsup: