Anyone been over at AS lately?

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #1  

Car Doc

Elite Member
Tractor
YM3810D Yanmar
Hope this isn't a bad thing to mention another site if so I sure do apologize?

Wow did they change the look its totally different it surprised me I almost thought I was at the wrong forum!

Looks interesting apparently rep is different (maybe not even used now?) and what they call credits is something you get for posting and starting threads now check it out.

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #2  
Just jumped over there. Really radical changes. I can see this credit thing getting out of hand like the rep did. Oh well, the only constant is change.

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #3  
Hope this isn't a bad thing to mention another site if so I sure do apologize?

Wow did they change the look its totally different it surprised me I almost thought I was at the wrong forum!

Looks interesting apparently rep is different (maybe not even used now?) and what they call credits is something you get for posting and starting threads now check it out.

yes
I hate it
I have 1500+ posts there but I won't be going back...
If I knew how to become an un-member I would.:laughing:

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #4  
Personally I really dont care for their new look. Hard to move around and also see the information on the threads.

Just have to get used to it I guess.....

Craig

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #5  
Yea they even had a tread that was basically a "beg for rep" thread. Most people over there were maxed out and it made the system about meaningless. I kinda wish this forum had something like "rep".

But no I dont frequent that forum anymore. Only if I am looking for information on a saw that I cant find anywhere else.

There are several reasons why I dont go there anymore. Mainly the moderation. If you have a legitamate problem, or something negative to say at ALL about a product that is from one of their "sponsers", they ban you or delete your post. So all you see is the good things about their sponsers. Its not really a good place to go for a review on something because it is bias.

Also, If you even mention a product or reccomend something that is not from one of their sponsers, same thing.

I personally like to see fair and un-biased reviews for products I am interested in. That is what makes this place nice.

And IMO, the members over their are a little bit snobbish IMO. Almost every question asked by a new guy gets at least two immediate replys that say "use the search function". That forum has like 2.5million posts. I am sure EVERYTHING can be found by searching.

Anyway, I much perfer it here. More friendly, less arguing, and more non-biased. But this is just my opinion.

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #6  
Yep it's definately harder to navigate now. I can't figure out where the user CP went

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #7  
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

the search function sucked before they upgraded the system. As near as I can tell now it doesn't work at all.

I was called ignorant and babbling by one of the sites most respected members. Yes there seems to be several groups of guys who kind of gang up on anyone who makes an attempt to infiltrate their little corner of the universe. One guy even suggested that a well placed shot would take care of the problem (me) when I tried to join in on a discussion they were having. I didn't think that was at all called for. I try to get along with everyone and demeaning somebody who you have never met is idiotic.

I am not the smartest guy on the planet, but I have designed and built Nuclear power plants and chemical processing plants and I am pretty good at welding and rebuilding engines. I have also installed all the plumbing, wiring, furnace and ductwork in my house, so I am not without some skills.

I have never been treated like that here. Perhaps tractor owners are just a more laid back group.
:cool::cool:

I am glad I am not the only one who dis-likes AS.

A few other things I dis-like about "that" community:

They will ALWAYS tell you to hire a professional. I guess that is their job security. You could have a little ol 8" tree out in the muddle of nowhere and inquire about how to take it down and they will always tell you that it is too dangerous and to hire it done.

They also always bash ANY homeowner grade saw or product. I guess they dont see the market for a low end saw that only gets used a couple of times a year. But for them, unless it is pro-grade, it is junk.

Lastly, dont ever inquire about saw pricing there. Because unless you "stole" it, you didn't get a good deal. Threads where people say things like "I would never pay more than $200 for a used 372xp" or "Last 066 I bought in like new condition for $250".

/ Anyone been over at AS lately?
It is different that's for sure! I certainly share some of the same feelings with LD1 and Steve C you guys are not alone by any stretch believe me.

I have been a long time poster there also and found the clique can be rather annoying at times so I stay away mostly these days even though I have some friends there that aren't cliquish. :thumbsup:

I have been known to annoy folks too so I am just as guilty as the next guy I have my preferences and I don't hesitate to speak out but I try hard not to rip people into shreds unless they draw first blood. ;)

This place is a whole lot easier to get along just being a nobody pretty much always although there are a few knuckleheads on here I won't bother with.

/ Anyone been over at AS lately? #9  
Every so often I'll read a review but usually there's not much info as the fans of the two name brands most people think about turn them into too much of a debate about something that has nothing to do with the OP.

I did try the other night and got a message saying the forum software was being updated, Tues I think, and wouldn't be back up until 2am. I've never taken the time to create a user ID or join.