NO husqvarna or dolmar??????

/ NO husqvarna or dolmar?????? #11  
The poulan 5500 and 6000 I think were copies of the dolmar 143 and 153 saws. They were mid 80's. So they are certainly not newer. ~25 years old I dont know of any poulan-dolmars newer than that, but I could be wrong.

But the saw in the pics I was asking about is that red-headed-step-child in the middle. (the orange saw). Which poulan model is that one specifically??

Poulan/Craftsman 3.7/3700
Very nice saw. A lot lighter than the 4200/5200 series, yet decent power. Not sure what 3.7 cubic inch translates into cc's

/ NO husqvarna or dolmar?????? #12  
No one has posted about McCullough Mini Mac?

/ NO husqvarna or dolmar?????? #14  
First saw I ever operated was a borrowed Cobra!
Essentially a clinton engine with a tillotson carb, heavy, bulky and slow but I built my log cabin with it back in '57.
Learned to sharpen with no guides or fancy jigs, just plain ole file jammed inyo a short stick to save the palms of the hand.
Chain lube was drained engine oil and we learned that a richer oil/gas mix kept the bugs away.

/ NO husqvarna or dolmar??????
Poulan/Craftsman 3.7/3700
Very nice saw. A lot lighter than the 4200/5200 series, yet decent power. Not sure what 3.7 cubic inch translates into cc's

61cc's

Model Profile: 3700

From the early 80's. Certainly looks of better quality than the poulans as we know of them today.

/ NO husqvarna or dolmar?????? #16  
Why?
It is the orig POS!

The French Canadians around here dubbed it "Mais qu'a parte", which translates to "When it starts" LOL

As a kid I liked to watch the commercial comparing it to a beaver gnawing through wood...

/ NO husqvarna or dolmar?????? #17  
And Shindawa. Found out the hard way how good they are. Little brother left us 9 years ago in an accident and the rest of that winter I had to cut my sister-in-law's, my dad's, and my firewood plus was helping my son cut his. My saw gave out, so I started using my brother's Shindawa. Not cutting their wood anymore, just mine. Still using same saw with no problems! :thumbsup:

/ NO husqvarna or dolmar?????? #19  
Got a Poulan 3400 and a 3700. The 3400 has a straight bar, the 3700 has a bow. Like 'em both just fine, they run alright and we know how to fix 'em when they break.

Chain lube was drained engine oil

We use old engine oil as chain lube still...

Of course I wouldn't turn down a new Stihl or Husky...

/ NO husqvarna or dolmar?????? #20  
I was just working on a year-old Echo CS-306. Nice saw in some
ways. The oiler quit, and I suspect it was the owner's fault....he
pressure washed it, causing some water to get into the oil, seizing
up the pump. The oiler uses a plastic worm gear and it was stripped.
New oiler: $35 or so. Don't PW your saws!

At least the Echo has an adjustable oiler.

Anyway, I notice the newer Echos require a Special Tool to remove
the clutch. Poulans do, too. I hate that. Not so for Huskys and Stihls
and old Echos!

As for Macs, I had one years ago. I have nothing good to say.

Meanwhile my new (to me) Shindaiwa is working great, and I am past
4 weeks waiting for parts for my Makita......