thoughts on echo cs 680

/ thoughts on echo cs 680
now that I think about it if i am just cutting firewood and i have a 40cc stihl do i even need a 60 cc saw? My dad has a stihl 039 he lets me use if i need a bigger saw, but is a 40cc good for cutting up logging slash for fire wood.:confused:

/ thoughts on echo cs 680 #12  
now that I think about it if i am just cutting firewood and i have a 40cc stihl do i even need a 60 cc saw? My dad has a stihl 039 he lets me use if i need a bigger saw, but is a 40cc good for cutting up logging slash for fire wood.:confused:

You do not need a 60cc saw for what you describe. A saw in the range 50-56 cc should do just fine for firewood and would handle on occasion medium to larger size trees (15" to 20"). A 40 cc saw is adequate for slash and preferable as long as its chain is smaller such as 3/8th mini or what they call 3/8 low pro now a days. A 50-55 cc saw is a good all around saw with .325 chain. The Echo550P would be nice but it seems you are paying for that extended warranty as this is a $500 saw at list price. You may do perfectly fine with the Echo 450P which is below $400 and would cut slash all day with the occasional medium size tree well within its cutting ability. Just remember to get the 450 with the "P" designation on the end as the 450 has a bit less performance. The Husky 353 is about a hundred bucks cheaper than the Echo 550P. Comparable Sthil is the 260-261 but again a bit pricier and in the $500 range

OK thanks i think i will just stay with my 40cc stihl 009 and if i need a bigger saw i will just use my dads 66(or so)cc stihl 039:thumbsup:

Geoff from canada

/ thoughts on echo cs 680 #14  
looks more and more like i will be getting an echo, but I will be buying my first tractor this fall and since I am 14 i will be getting all my money from a summer job.:( I am just not sure weather i can afford both a new saw and an old ford 8n (and restoration).:thumbsup:

GREAT to see a young fellow with some ambition! BEST of luck with your summer job and future purchases! Your parents should be proud!

Regards

Storm

thanks storm glad to hear that. My dad fully supports me in these things. The only thing is the 8n will live 2000 miles away at my uncles farm (hard to keep a tractor in a large-ish city lot):D