Ever do this?

/ Ever do this? #1  

om21braz

Veteran Member
Not that I'm much of a mister-fix-it, but a friend brought me a Stihl 025 that would not run. I told him I'll see what I can do - probably fuel related. Anyway, after finding the problem was the sparkplug and replacing it, I did a little adjusting on the carb as the idle was too high. After that I shut it down to try a restart, starts 1st pull. So I let it set a day, then a couple of days. Now I believe it starts better than any of my own saws! Oh well, at least it's fixed and I have a happy friend.

/ Ever do this? #2  
Yep, things like that have happened a few times and now I am expected to fix everything. Once it was cotton balls used as an air filter. Pulled those out and it work like a charm.

/ Ever do this? #3  
Yeah I get the same thing from friends and co-workers. Since I use so many saws I have picked up a few skills with small motors. I end up fixing and tuning up chainsaws and weed whackers and lawn mowers for them. Tune up sharpen chains or blades. Clean up the bar it doesn't take long usually. It's kind of fun actually when they come out running better than before..

/ Ever do this?
Maybe I did'nt explain the main point well enough - It kinda gripes you to work on somebody else's stuff and have it come out working better than your own equipment LOL!

/ Ever do this? #5  
Well yeah there is that when you don't take care of your own stuff.. I'm guilty of that at times.. Dragging a chainsaw out to a jobsite and have it duller than butter knives..:laughing: