MS250

/ MS250 #1  

6thgpSF

Gold Member
Tractor
YM1610d bobcat 863 Gh 928d
It was raining today so I decided to replace the pull rope and do a real good cleaning as I've never had the cover off before.After cleaning the flywheel for a min. or two I noticed one of the fins on the flywheel was missing.What the hey I say?I bought this saw new in 06 and as stated have never tore into it before.It clearly looked to have been broke off and no pieces were found in the cover and the break wasn't new.So I take the flywheel off and take it where I bought it to show them.Two guys looked at it and swore Sthil would never let something like this get past quality control,I told them I sure and heck didn't do it and they said even if Sthil did do it that they would'nt even look at it because the warrantry had expired.I said what the heck does that matter if it came out of the factory like that.Well needless to say my opinion of Sthil went down about 90pts. out of 100.No more Sthil for me...russ

/ MS250 #2  
I wouldn't buy anything but a Stihl chainsaw. Mine has been to h3ll and back and it always starts and performs.

/ MS250 #3  
I kinda feel the same. I bought a stihl ms 210 with all the goodies and its been nothing but trouble. The only time it ran good was the day I bought it. Ever since, when I go to use it , something was wrong. I gave to much just to throw it away and I will not sell it to anyone because it may do them the same way. I can`t trade it in because I will not buy another one. I have a 35 year old poulan that still out runs and out cuts that stihl. The only reason I don`t use the poulan that much , is I can`t get parts for now.

/ MS250
I'm thinking of sending the flywheel to coporate headquarters.I also found out this flywheel has one of those "permanent" keys.That in itself was a big disappoint.I always thought they made quality stuff...russ

/ MS250 #5  
Stihl make good PRO saws, the rest are built cheap and getting cheaper every year. Just another company using thier name to sell cheap stuff. Steve

/ MS250 #6  
It was raining today so I decided to replace the pull rope and do a real good cleaning as I've never had the cover off before. I noticed one of the fins on the flywheel was missing. I bought this saw new in 06 and as stated have never tore into it before Sthil went down about 90pts. out of 100.No more Sthil for me...russ

The fact the saw seemed to have operated just fine for the five years you owned it weighs none in your opinion?
To expect to have warranty work done on something that is long out of such coverage is questionable expectation to say the least. I think you are a bit unreasonable both in expectation and in passing judgment over a whole line of well reputed products.