SAPPLING CUTTER FROM FINLAND

/ SAPPLING CUTTER FROM FINLAND #1  
Tractor
1845C case
:) this chainsaw attachment comes in two sizes. i bought the standard model. i'm 6'4", should have got the tall model , if i were to use it.assembly is a breeze.my son who is 16 is holding it for pic,also put it together and mounted it on my saw. it fit's him just fine! this attachment is kinda pricy,but fit's into my wood cutting stable real nice.

/ SAPPLING CUTTER FROM FINLAND #2  
What is this called and who makes it? :cool:
May I ask what you all do with the sapplings that you are cutting?:)

/ SAPPLING CUTTER FROM FINLAND #3  
Im not the "Safety guy" but ive had spacing saws whip around with kickback. Scary enough when the blade is 4' away... Id be a little apprehensive with a chainsaw bar that close to my ankles. Plus the added chance of grounding the saw and dulling the chain.

Interesting idea though. Probably well thought out and made construction wise. Id have to see it / try it in person. Be interesting to see what the guys over on Arborist Site think of it. Did you decide if your going to import and sell these?

What is this called and who makes it? :cool:

Its called an "Apuri Felling Handle" . Rather expensive at $520. I could find very little information (in English) on the product.

/ SAPPLING CUTTER FROM FINLAND #4  
Running the saw like that looks dangerous to me...

I like the Echo with the saw blade at the end to cut brush and saplings.

/ SAPPLING CUTTER FROM FINLAND
Im not the "Safety guy" but ive had spacing saws whip around with kickback. Scary enough when the blade is 4' away... Id be a little apprehensive with a chainsaw bar that close to my ankles. Plus the added chance of grounding the saw and dulling the chain.

Interesting idea though. Probably well thought out and made construction wise. Id have to see it / try it in person. Be interesting to see what the guys over on Arborist Site think of it. Did you decide if your going to import and sell these?

Its called an "Apuri Felling Handle" . Rather expensive at $520. I could find very little information (in English) on the product.

i don't think i'm going to import and sell many of these out of my shop, i think they are too high priced to sell many. although i'd like too!!!

/ SAPPLING CUTTER FROM FINLAND #7  
I would be a little concerned about kickback too. I also have and echo power pruner and it is perfect for cutting saplings. I can cut them low enough for the mower to miss them and still keep the bar out of the dirt. Mine is the one with the extending pole. Talk about pricey, but I like it.

/ SAPPLING CUTTER FROM FINLAND #8  
i don't think i'm going to import and sell many of these out of my shop, i think they are too high priced to sell many. although i'd like too!!!

Seems youve had great luck with it... But i have to agree.. price point is a bit too high,

/ SAPPLING CUTTER FROM FINLAND #9  
i like the knuckle boom for the 4 wheeler more>

/ SAPPLING CUTTER FROM FINLAND #10  
Just noticed the 262XPH on your site. Cool saw. Alot like the handle you started this thread to discuss.

Can you shed any light on the XPH? I know its Russian, but why would they use it? What can it do that a conventional saw cant?