JONSERED CHAINSAWS

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #1  

tbarber

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 855
<font color="blue"> </font> Im in the process of looking for a new chainsaw . Does anybody have any knowledge of the Jonsered brand ? Im looking at the model #2150 how do they copare to Husky and Stihl saws thank you.
Tom

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #2  
I've seen discussion elsewhere that indicates that Jonsered is not as popular with loggers as Stihl and Husky. Personally, I would go with Stihl, but have nothing against the other two. If you like the color, the dealer (assuming this isn't a box store purchase), and the price - go for it. Most saws given the care they deserve (treat them like a watch and never let someone else run it) will give you good service, IMO.

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #3  
<font color="blue">"...Jonsered brand...how do they copare to Husky and Stihl saws..."</font>

Hi Tom....

Jonsered is a Swedish made saw. It's well built and I've heard some loggers and timber guys prefer it over Stihl and Husky. However, not familiar with the model # you mention. I have a Stihl 044...have had it since 1995 and couldn't be more pleased with its performance. You'll likely not go wrong with the Jonsered but you may want to also take a second look at the Stihls and Huskys in comparison shopping to see where you could get the best deal.

.....Bob

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #4  
Tbarber,

I have a Jonesrud. I am not sure of the model as it is home in the garage but I think it is a 2050 turbo. I just love the thing. Five years old and you still can go out and first or second pull and it starts. Once started it always starts on first pull. I probably use it ten times a year. I have to have about two or three blades sharpened per year. The turbo is really nice on it, you can feel it kicking in.

When purchasing it, the dealer was a Stihl dealer also and recomended the jonesrud. However, a year later they dropped the jonesrud. Not a problem, another jonesrud dealer in the next town, but other than a maintenance I had on it last fall it never has been in the shop.

murph

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #5  
Tom,
A Jonsered is a red Husqvarna. Both owned by the same company. If you look at both you will see the similarities.

Phil

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #6  
Yup, their both owned and manufactured by Electrolux, who in addition to producing most of the worlds consumer lawn mowers also owns these brands. AEG, Allwyn, Arthur Martin Electrolux, Corberó, Electrolux, Elektro Helios, Eureka, Faure, Flymo, Frigidaire, Frigidaire Gallery, Husqvarna, Juno, Kelvinator, Maxclean, McCulloch, Menalux, Partner, Poulan, Rex, Rosenlew, Samus, Tappan, Therma, Tornado, Volta, Voss, WeedEater, White-Westinghouse, Zanker, Zanussi, Zanussi-Samus,
So, I think I would just buy the saw that matches my tractor color /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.....

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #7  
How does the 2141 compare to the Husqvarna 340? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif They look like the same specs but the Jonsered costs about $30 less. Thanks.

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would just buy the saw that matches my tractor color )</font>

Darn !!! My tractor is blue & my chainsaws are orange. Since, I kind of like this marriage thing, rather than doing the logical thing of trading my blue tractor for one of the orange tractors, I guess I'll have to search high & low for some blue chainsaws. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #9  
Paint - A little blue on the saw- a little red on the tractor and all is matched.

There is a window of oportunity to make use of any hidden artistic skills .

Egon

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #10  
I own a Stihl MS310 and a Jonsered 2054 Turbo. Both saws being cold, the Stihl usually starts in 2 to 4 pulls and the Jonsered 5 to 8 pulls. Warm, they both start in one pull. I run a mix of aviation fuel (L100) and Stihl 2-stroke oil in both. The sparkplugs in both saws were changed over to Splitfires. I have had both saws apart for thorough cleaning and inspection. I feel that the plastic and metal parts in the Jonsered are of a higher quality compared to the Stihl. The Jonsered engine is like having a racing engine in your hand. It is extremely responsive - good port timing. The Stihl is a good runner, but not quite as responsive. Both engines liked the aviation fuel, especially the Jonsered. I purchased the MS310 because it was the least expensive Stihl model that came equipped with a .375 chain - the Jonsered has a .325 chain. So far, no replacement parts were needed on either saw. I purchased the shop/repair manual for both saws and they helped with the carburetor adjustments. The owner manuals were too vague. Stihl and Husky jockey for number one and two sales in the US, while Jonsered is number three. Both are good saws.