Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #1  

fabsroman

Silver Member
Just read in a thread that somebody is using gas without ethanol for his chainsaws. I asked him, and now I am asking all of you, is there a source for this gas? I would much prefer to use gas without ethanol for my small engine yard equipment, but have no clue where to find it. Do I have to use racing fuel? Do only certain places carry it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am not looking forward to my first experience with some yard equipment not starting because of bad gas and I am getting a little tired of tis Stabil stuff.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #2  
If you go to the you local airport and buy aviation fuel your getting gas without ethanol.

HS

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #3  
They may have it labled as collector fuel. We can buy it at the most stations here. Find a small station they will know the regs. THe sta-bil does more thna protect from ethanol. All gas is poor these days. USe stabil in anythign that sits,

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #4  
I see signs at gas stations that say "with or without ethanol", shop around.
I have a harder time finding off road diesel than ethanol free gasoline.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #5  
If you can get fuel from a local airport, 100 octane low lead has no ethanol in it, and has no storage issues.

It's going to run you at about $6 a gallon, and their not really allowed to sell it to you for this, but it happens. :D

If you know a pilot, it would be easy for him to get you some.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #6  
there are also stations that cater to race tracks and motor sports venues that carry it.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #7  
Our propane dealer carries it and promotes it to the racing crowd... Call you local speed shop and ask them if they know of any suppliers.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #8  
Go to Google or Bing and enter "ethanol free gasoline" and you'll find some websites that claim to list the places in each state where you can buy it. I don't buy ethanol free gas simply because the nearest place to me is about 35 miles if those websites are right.

/ Is it possible to obtain gas without ethanol in it #10  
I dont think that website lists them all.

FWIW, I have been told (by two marathon station owners) that marathon gas is still ethanol free. Of course they could just be BSing me, but both of these stations are local guys. One of them is even a repair shop/stihl dealer/toro dealer to boot.