Stihl MS660: NWP BB port and build

/ Stihl MS660: NWP BB port and build
I think they both got 2mm more bore giving them 5cc and 6cc more. 79cc to 84cc and 92cc to 98cc if I remember right. Could be off 1cc on both.

I just think it is because a 7900 is hot out of the box. Hard to beat it without porting.

You dont happen to have a stock 7900 now days do you? I dont have any of my dolmar or makita stuff anymore.

I dont lower the rakers as far as you and I dont push hard in the cuts either or dog it in and make a dull chain work. I just try and keep sharp chain on and touch up or switch out if had to.

I think you are only 30mins south of me right down there near my vet. ;)

No I dont have any stock stuff anymore. Dad and my brother still both have stock 6400's.

We used to both run stock 7900's (well mine was muffler modded) but they were stolen. With the ins. money, we opted to save a few hundred per saw and get the 6400's. Mostly to cover the deductible and have saws again without being out of pocket any $$$.

So if you are about 30min north of me, that would put you about Galion??? Who's your vet??

/ Stihl MS660: NWP BB port and build #12  
So if you are about 30min north of me, that would put you about Galion??? Who's your vet??

Pretty dang close. Live in the middle of a bean field way way outside of the town.

Vet S. Carpenter Mt. Gilead

If that is the vet I am thinking of, Just N. of Mt. Gilead a bit on RT42, then I am about another 10-15 minutes south of there.

I didnt realize you lived so close:thumbsup:

I made a timed cut today (I dont get into racing or timing too much).

This was with MY dolmar 8400BB kit and ported + muffler mod

24" bar and woodland pro full comp round ground chisel.

Chain was not freshly sharpened, but was yesterday before I cut a load. Chain was not dull, just not a fresh sharpen.

18" ASH 18.4 seconds:thumbsup: Cut like a hot knife through butter

Attachments

• cut.jpeg
    cut.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 290
  • cut1.jpeg
    cut1.jpeg
    700.4 KB · Views: 624
   / Stihl MS660: NWP BB port and build #15  
:cool:

Friend has a ash down from the bore kill he dropped in spring. Suppose to hook up this evening and get a chance to test the bigger saws. He said bring at least 24" bars. :thumbsup:

Matter of fact I better go set them up.

I know it wouldnt be a super accurate comparison, but if you get into any 18-18.5" rounds, I be interested in what kinda times your bigger saws run:thumbsup:

/ Stihl MS660: NWP BB port and build #17  
Just got a call 10mins ago the guy didnt feel like dragging the chunks I buck up. So no go. :(

I'll try and snag a piece 18-20 and bring home. I was just taking all stock saws with fresh out of the box chains 24" and RSC and 72 LG. Not even touching rakers so it was close to same.
Poulan 4000 65cc, Poulan 505 82cc, JD echo 8000 80cc, MS660 stock MM.