Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw #11  
I agree about the Partner 5000. I have 3, 5000 plus's 2 I bought and 1 I made from a huge pile of parts I have.
I have enough to make another one but I will need a Chain Brake side cover. I have owned one of these since the mid 80's. I cut and saw up 6 cords of rock maple yellow birch and beach for fire wood every year.These saws are pretty awsome.
Poulan made a saw similar to the 5000 soon after the buy out of Partner.What was that type of saw? I want to say 325 or somthing .My brother had one but it constantly was striping the recoil dogs off so he took a trade in on a Husky.Did they ever fix this recoil problem? The saw shop in my area admited it was a problem but at that time there was no fix. Oh well glad to see the Partners are apreaciated by other's as well.

/ Just another junk chainsaw
Yep the Poulan Partner 325 is 53cc 46mm bore where the 5000 was 44mm bore 49cc.
I have one and there was a type 1 closed port like 5000 plus and type 2 was open port like early 5000 and 500.
I have never had problems with recoil on my type 1. But I could see how it is possible, my type 1 has some serious psi.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #13  
Hows this for a junk chainsaw?

/ Just another junk chainsaw #15  
Were the electrical tape is at on the cord , I would think that the cord got in the way while it was in action .:thumbsup:

If you think about it , That is kind of cool looking . Home Built :)confused:), I would assume , But Dang , Still pretty cool .

Fred H.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #16  
Pretty interesting twist on an old circular saw:confused2:

I cant imagine how he was running it, but with the shape/location of the handle and trigger, it appears that it is upside-down in the photo. In which case it also appears that the chain is on backwards.

Wheres the bar oiler BTW:confused2:

That saw above reminded me of the bicycle power saw I seen years ago.

Attachments

• pedalchainsaw.jpg
    pedalchainsaw.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,380
   / Just another junk chainsaw #18  
That saw above reminded me of the bicycle power saw I seen years ago.

Again....where is the chain lube????

Or is it in the water bottle and plumbed down there:laughing:

Really :laughing: I dont think the chain turns fast enough on the pedaling to warrant a auto oiler. I would imagine ;) someone pours a little lube on before the cut starts. ;)

/ Just another junk chainsaw #20  
Really :laughing: I dont think the chain turns fast enough on the pedaling to warrant a auto oiler.

That depends on how fast you pedal now doesnt it:D

It appears (just guessing) that there is a 1:4 ratio from the pedals to the shaft, and another 1:4 from the shaft to the bar.

total ratio of 16:1.

To get 8000rpm's worth at the chain (just a good average for in-the-cut chainsaw), he would only need to pedal that thing 500RPM:thumbsup: