Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw #201  
I have really grown fond of the 562xp after close to 2 years use.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #202  
I have no clue on the Calif epa stuff on a 555 there. But great saws this way. Just a detuned 562 with small mount bar.

If you are wanting the hotter version, but wanting small mount. Jonsered 2260

Thanks so much for the input, it is much appreciated. This sent me off on a learning expedition on Utube. One Utube'r in particular really seems to have a lot of quality info on these saws. The more I look at this 555 the more I think I will really like it, w/ a 24" and a set of outside spikes, mostly to help protect the saw, like a rollbar if you will.

Husqvarna 555 24" - YouTube

Husqvarna 555 Autotune - YouTube

Husqvarna 555 break down - YouTube

Muffler temp Husqvarna 555 - YouTube (I asked, was this before or after the muff mod)

Husqvarna 555 muffler mod - YouTube

testing eight pin - YouTube (What is "8 pin" ? This is a 555 saw modified how???)

The chainsaw guy shop talk Husqvarna 555 chainsaw features 8 9 - YouTube (hmmm. A larger set of spikes? I wonder if a guy could get matching larger inner AND outer spikes?)

Husqvarna 555 converted to a 560xp chainsaw - YouTube (560 not available in USA?)

Inside the 562xp - YouTube (Same as 555 almost yes?)

/ Just another junk chainsaw #203  
I have really grown fond of the 562xp after close to 2 years use.

snip

Thanx Don. I watched some Utube's comparing the 2 and there pretty close in performance,
being that close if the 555 is a lot cheaper I will probably go that route, then a muff mod perhaps!

One UTube'r said the 555 muffler is a monster. I might have to get a few mufflers and mod them
differently perhaps an compare down the road...

/ Just another junk chainsaw #204  
Thanx Don. I watched some Utube's comparing the 2 and there pretty close in performance,
being that close if the 555 is a lot cheaper I will probably go that route, then a muff mod perhaps!

One UTube'r said the 555 muffler is a monster. I might have to get a few mufflers and mod them
differently perhaps an compare down the road...
The 555 is basically a 562xp with smaller transfers (bit less HP), small bar mount and smaller air filter. They are very close and parts interchange. I almost got a 555, but got too good a deal on a 562xp with a 20" Tech-lite bar. There will be about $150 diff between the two. Can't go wrong with either saw!

/ Just another junk chainsaw #205  
The 555 is basically a 562xp with smaller transfers (bit less HP), small bar mount and smaller air filter. They are very close and parts interchange. I almost got a 555, but got too good a deal on a 562xp with a 20" Tech-lite bar. There will be about $150 diff between the two. Can't go wrong with either saw!

Soooo, could a guy swap a 562xp's Air Cleaner into a 555?

If so;

...Air in Air out so if the air cleaner mod is possible, doing that AND a muff mod might be sweet ehh?

No carb to adjust these two mods could really wake up a 555, ya think?

/ Just another junk chainsaw #206  
Soooo, could a guy swap a 562xp's Air Cleaner into a 555?

If so;

...Air in Air out so if the air cleaner mod is possible, doing that AND a muff mod might be sweet ehh?

No carb to adjust these two mods could really wake up a 555, ya think?

No Need for a larger air filter, the one on the 555 is sufficient. A muff mod is all ya need to wake it up, if even that. Both actually run fine stock. The 562xp is the most impressive stock saw I've ever run and I've run a bunch of saws, both stock and modified.

/ Just another junk chainsaw
I had a 550xp and 545. I tested my 550 against a muffler modded 550. There is no way in heck I would want to run a 550 just muffler modded. Loudest dang saw I ever heard with muffler mod. For the little gains I seen between the two. I would leave my muffler stock, unless I was going with full woods porting JMO.
Yep I am getting old enough now to where the loud mufflers suck, unless you got ear protection on. Which I never do running a saw.

If the 555 562 gets super loud like a 550 muffler mod, I wouldnt do it myself.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #210  
I had a 550xp and 545. I tested my 550 against a muffler modded 550. There is no way in heck I would want to run a 550 just muffler modded. Loudest dang saw I ever heard with muffler mod. For the little gains I seen between the two. I would leave my muffler stock, unless I was going with full woods porting JMO.
Yep I am getting old enough now to where the loud mufflers suck, unless you got ear protection on. Which I never do running a saw.

If the 555 562 gets super loud like a 550 muffler mod, I wouldnt do it myself.

Sounds like the words of experience, and I shall listen~!