Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw #251  
...interesting, 9K RPM Both but the 445 out spins the .4 HP larger 450 by an RCH.

Chain speed at max power for the 445=56.89 fts and the 450= 56.76 fts

What the heck is an "fts" ? Full Teeth per Second ?

Usually it is measured in feet per second

/ Just another junk chainsaw #252  
Is Stihl and Echo only sold for MSRP? A poster said he bought a Echo 500P with 20" Bar for 389 and I can't find it at less than MSRP of469.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #253  
Stihl is definitely only msrp... unless your dealer makes you a deal. I was trying to get my dealer to come down a little on a fs250 and he said he really couldn't because stihl keeps raising his cost without raising msrp. I have a pretty good relationship with that dealer and I think he was being honest.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #254  
Stihl is definitely only msrp... unless your dealer makes you a deal. I was trying to get my dealer to come down a little on a fs250 and he said he really couldn't because stihl keeps raising his cost without raising msrp. I have a pretty good relationship with that dealer and I think he was being honest.

My dealer came off about $50 off MSRP on my ms362, and threw in some mix oil and some files. I thought it was a pretty good deal. I think it varies greatly dealer to dealer though. The other 3 Stihl dealers in our area were pretty stuck on MSRP like it was a lock-in price.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Just another junk chainsaw #255  
My dealer came off about $50 off MSRP on my ms362, and threw in some mix oil and some files. I thought it was a pretty good deal. I think it varies greatly dealer to dealer though. The other 3 Stihl dealers in our area were pretty stuck on MSRP like it was a lock-in price.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

it does vary dealer to dealer and my dealer also gives a discount on based on how many piece of equipment you buy

/ Just another junk chainsaw #256  
The Echo dealers here do not waiver at all on list prices.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #257  
I can not recall how much, but I got a discount on my MS261. I shopped 3 dealers, first two said no. Third worked with me and even talked me out of buying extra spare filters.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #258  
The dealer I go to here has Husqvarna and Stihl. They will knock 5% off marked price. Not sure about the Stihl saws, but the Husky saws are marked a little below MSRP...

/ Just another junk chainsaw
Next junker build in line. Will be using the quad port cylinders that out cut the 440 DP and 372 in my last 70.7cc rebuild testing. :thumbsup:

Going to paint this one orange with black cylinder and af covers with black tank. Just because they were made in the husky plant but never came out this way. Sort of on the lines on why I made a lime green one and also extra covers in purple to make a big wild thing. :laughing:

harleychainsaw 002.JPG

/ Just another junk chainsaw
Was working on a couple of orange saws the other day for a guy and after test cutting I ask him if he wanted to run a Wild Thing. I went and got my WT 505 83cc and handed to him. I thought for a minute I wasnt going to get it back after test cuts with only 24" b+c and as big as a grin he had on his face walking away.

wildthings 006.JPG