Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw #81  
Good time of the year to just hang out in the shop and fix old saws eh?

Been a bit too hot/dry to even think about using a saw though:confused2:

/ Just another junk chainsaw #82  
Been a bit too hot/dry to even think about using a saw though:confused2:

AMEN Brother...

I've got trees down at my place, and at one of my rentals that seriously need to be at least bucked into moveable logs, but these well over 100 heat index days we are having just make that sound as appealing as a triple root canal without novacaine...

I've also been scoping out the currently standing trees along the edges and driveway, etc. that I need to take down before they come down.

I got some sawing to do... Soon as it cools off a bit.
David

/ Just another junk chainsaw
372xp All together. Just waiting on the intake flange and intake sleeve I thought I had but didnt. :smiley_aafz::hissyfit:

Well I just couldnt wait any longer for the 2 parts I have ordered on such a nice day and a little free time. I stole the intake flange and intake sleeve from the 362xp and put on this latest 372xp project.

A friend had (with another 372 I rebuilt) just stopped by when I was buttoning it up and fired it to tune and stick in a test piece of black walnut. Feels like another good runner.

Last husky 372 built from a box of parts on right.

The one on the left was built from 2 bare crankcase halves I found for a 362xp project with small mount husky bar mount. Thats what I was looking for.

carltonbars001.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #86  
You need anymore 371/372 parts? I have tons of stuff....

/ Just another junk chainsaw #87  
I see you are running them carlton premium bars. Did you get those from baileys? and do you use their woodland pro chain?

Last time around, we got those bars and the woodland pro chain cause the guy said it was as close to "stihl" chain as they carry. No complaints about the bar at all, but I dont care for the chain. Dulled too quick. Then when going to sharpen I noticed it was a 35 degree angle on the teeth. That would explain the quicker dulling. I filed them back to 30 and it is okay chain, but I will stick with stihl next time.

No on baileys, I try to shop else where if I can. Large mount came from feebay. Small mount I cant remember but a guy sales them in KY.

I dont use woodsman pro chain, but have had a loop or 2 on trade in's and they say Carlton on them on drive links. I heard the cutters wasnt carlton though. Who knows I dont.

You need anymore 371/372 parts? I have tons of stuff....

I sure did. I ran way short on this 372 project. I had posted in all the wanted forums everywhere.

It's done now, but I am always trading and buying.

About a 1/3 of what I had for builders in pic. Rest on shelves and floors.

2100268372365362001.jpg

More junk cluttering my bench today. Poulan 425 opened up for new bearings and seals.

pp425475002.jpg

pp425475003.jpg

Decided to do the same thing to the poulan 475 I was building too. Could feel a little roughness in the bearings. So better safe now then sorry later.

pp425475001.jpg