Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
    Tractor
    Considering a 4052r with many accessories for brushing and trail work in general. Do note, I do not own anything listed, just use or recommend purchasing.,

Default where to purchase multiple chains?

Folks, we use Echo pole saws quite a bit and what we do is quite hard on chains. So I see outfits selling 10 packs of chains which I'd like to purchase but I can't find any of them selling the little ones we use. Below is the chain size info. Does anyone know where we could purchase these in quantity??? Not interested in bulk chain we need to cut and assemble. Thanks!

39 Chain Gauge: 0.050" Chain Pitch: 3/8" File Size: 5/32"

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DS3510 Husqvarna GT48DXLS

Default Re: where to purchase multiple chains?

91VXL Oregon chainsaw chain 3/8 Low Profile .5 gauge

Buy 10 and the unit price drops to $9.39, with free shipping.

Tractor
    Kubota mx4700 HST, New Holland TC-29D

I'd also check with Left Coast Supplies. Great folks to deal with. Might have to call for accurate shipping info.
    Kubota mx4700, New Holland TC-29D

Mostly I grow vegetables. I get to make firewood too, but not as much as I'd like. And if I'm really lucky, I get to make some maple syrup.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Considering a 4052r with many accessories for brushing and trail work in general. Do note, I do not own anything listed, just use or recommend purchasing.,

Thanks Teachu2, That is a good price, my only hesitation is the last OR chain I bought, had several broken teeth in no time. I've not used any since. Maybe just a bad batch?

Tractor
    none now
    REDNECK Chainsaw Repair

Elite Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

Quote Originally Posted by ArlyA View Post
    Thanks Teachu2, That is a good price, my only hesitation is the last OR chain I bought, had several broken teeth in no time. I've not used any since. Maybe just a bad batch?
    are you coming in at bad angles / cuts, and causing chain to get pinched? putting to much extra pressure on chain, vs letting the chain cut itself down through the trees/limbs under its own weight? is the oiler working, and keeping things oiled? are you pressing the oiler button every so often to help keep chain oiled? are you putting to much tension on the chains?

pinching, and nailing rocks or nails or fence wire here. and watching from buzz buzz, to buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz due to missing teeth.
    Ryan

Tractor

I've been running Carlton 3/8lp. I think it's called n1 or something like that.. It was cheap and seems very good.

Mostly I grow vegetables. I get to make firewood too, but not as much as I'd like. And if I'm really lucky, I get to make some maple syrup.

Gold Member
    Tractor

Thanks Guys. I'll check out these retailers and let you know what I find. I'll also ask if our area saw shops can do close to $10 per chain for a volume sale. We like to give them that chance and help keep there doors open........

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails where to purchase multiple chains?-tree-trimming-jpg  

Gold Member
    Tractor

Our Carqest dealer said he could do $9 per chain. Problem solved! Thanks to all for your help with this.

Tractor

Our Carqest dealer said he could do $9 per chain. Problem solved! Thanks to all for your help with this.
    What brand and model of chain are they selling?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast