Stihl MS250

/ Stihl MS250 #11  
I used to own an MS250 and it was a great little saw. The only problem I have is that I don't own it anymore. I sold it to a good friend and every time I cut some trees down for him I tell him if he does not want it anymore I will buy it back. Still no deal....hmmmm....

/ Stihl MS250 #12  
I've had one for just about 5 years. No problems at all, and I hate to say it, but I abuse it. I'm cutting lots of big hardwood with this little saw. Next month I'm getting an MS362and I'll save the 250 for small work. I never had problems with the fuel or oil caps.

/ Stihl MS250 #13  
I own two of the Stihl 250c saws... had one up in WA and found I needed one in CA... so bought a second one when the local Dealer was running a promotion last year...

I still use my little Echo limb saw for climbing the most...

With the easy start 250... makes life with arthritis a little easier...

/ Stihl MS250 #14  
I do agree with the others on an additive, I personally don't use the stihl brand, but I do use an additive in all my gas engines because of the crap gasanol we are forced to use:mad:. I aslo agree with the post about their chains being high quility.

/ Stihl MS250 #15  
I have a 3 year old ms250 and I love it it works great for small trimming jobs and cutting down saplings. As I just recently posted though I need to find a bigger saw because the ms250 can't really handle cutting up trees and cutting down trees.
Goodluck though it's a great saw!!!

/ Stihl MS250 #16  
My MS250 is 5 yrs old. Great saw, plenty of power for the weight and the 16" bar is perfect for measuring a log for bucking. I do notice that the chain oil leaks out into the storage case - but that's not a huge problem.
I bought it new and have never lent it out, and sharpen the chain every 5-6 tanks of gas.
An old timer I know once said that he'd lend his wife out before he would lend his saw. This is good advice...

/ Stihl MS250 #17  
Don't use the lowest grade gas either and that helps with what ever mix. I think the best is Opti2 fuel mix. I burn the mid and high octane fuels. As far as the fuel and oil caps I haven't had any problem with them at all. I don't have the 250 model 044, 026 and 046. The rest of them are Husky's.

/ Stihl MS250 #18  
My wife and her folks just gave me a 261 CQ for my birthday. It's done a great job of cutting up a lot of tree. I've only put the ridiculously expensive, ethanol-free Trufuel in it. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I'm hoping for the best.

Oh - buy some spare chains too.

Does anyone want to buy a dead Poulan and Homelite?

/ Stihl MS250 #19  
Save yourself a little money and just buy the higher octane gas. Only buy enough that you don't let the jug sit more than a year. I have used my saws with the Opti2 that have sat for a year with no problem. Generally I run them out of fuel when I can. It is a mess trying to pour the fuel back into the gas jug. Any good fuel stabilizer helps.

/ Stihl MS250 #20  
It would depend on what the dead poulan model # is. :licking: There is a lot of good ones out there.

There is saws of every maker that I consider POS and I wouldnt want to mess with. :ashamed: