Husky XP346 chain brake issue

/ Husky XP346 chain brake issue #1  

redsox1

Silver Member
Tractor
L3800 HST
This seems to be a common problem, but new to me. I removed the side plate to change chains but left the chain brake on when I did so. Apparently when you remove the side plate with the brake on you cannot get the side plate to fit back again. I called the dealer (1 1/2 hour away) and he said it was common and that they had fabricated a tool to reset the brake lock. Any users experience this and have a usable work around to this problem?

/ Husky XP346 chain brake issue #2  
can you not just snap the brake handle open on the side cover, then install normally?

I have a 51 not a 346 so im unsure if the brakes are different. My brake band will sometimes be difficult to get around the drum, but with patience it can be done.

/ Husky XP346 chain brake issue #3  
I've never had a problem and had a OE 346xp 45cc for a long time. Just make sure your brake is off when you remove it.

Since you already fubared it removing while brake set :eek:. Just take a socket or scrench and cut the slots that fit inside the 3 star * inside cover and re-set it or by the tool for $10.

This pic show 3 star at top to fit socket to. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUSQVARNA-C...405?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a699e5955

/ Husky XP346 chain brake issue
Fabricated a tool using old chainsaw wrench as mentioned. Had to place side cover in wood faced vise to hold steady because it takes a lot of torque to reset. You only have to move the cam 1/4 inch but it takes a bit of force. Anyway, worked like a charm and I'm back in business. Repeat after me, I will never lock chain brake before removing side plate........

/ Husky XP346 chain brake issue #5  
I tripped mine once with it off the saw. It WAS hard to reset without the saw for leverage, but I got it done after a bit.

Sean

/ Husky XP346 chain brake issue #6  
Looking at the pictures, your break is quite different from mine.Glad you got it.