DR Rapid fire Log splitter???

/ DR Rapid fire Log splitter??? #81  
Yeah I returned mine after 11 months back to TSC. They called the mfg and accepted it without issue (although I was the original owner with a receipt). I spoke with one of the verified service providers which would carry out the warranty work to upgrade the rack and gear if I so wished but they actually told me to return it. That should tell you something about how they really feel about the unit. Sorry to hear you got stuck like this, I think the recommendations from other members are the way to go. I ended up with a DR rapid fire and have been very satisfied. Don't think you can go wrong with either the DR or SS. Good luck.

/ DR Rapid fire Log splitter???
Is the gut you bought it from the original owner?

If so. Maybe a call to him is in order?

/ DR Rapid fire Log splitter??? #83  
SpeeCo had so much trouble with these they discontinued them and offered full refunds. You will likely need to find a different source for a different rack & pinion. Try McMaster Carr. You really don't want the original Speed Pro parts anyway.

I'd sell it cheap, or scrap it and get a Super Split...

I wonder how closely Speeco copied the rack used on the SuperSplit or the DR Splitter?

/ DR Rapid fire Log splitter??? #84  
I wonder how closely Speeco copied the rack used on the SuperSplit or the DR Splitter?

SpeeCo was the first copy and copied the Super Split pretty close, but cheapened it up and changed the cam lever deal to make it a 'two handed more safe thing' and royally screwed it up. Then they went and had the dang things made in China! It was so bad they dropped out of this market completely.

DR also copied SS very closely, but not close enough and have had their share of problems. Like said above, some of the DR splitters are working fine though. I hear the new & improved DR may not be as good as the first one?

/ DR Rapid fire Log splitter??? #85  

Have you seen the video's Ed posted yet on Chainsaw Repair site? 28" bars on stock 395, 372xp XT and then his woods ported EHP 562. Looked like bars were close to buried. :drink:

/ DR Rapid fire Log splitter??? #86  
Have you seen the video's Ed posted yet on Chainsaw Repair site? 28" bars on stock 395, 372xp XT and then his woods ported EHP 562. Looked like bars were close to buried. :drink:

No, I've had trouble getting on your site lately. Has some kind of spam block thing?

/ DR Rapid fire Log splitter??? #87  
No, I've had trouble getting on your site lately. Has some kind of spam block thing?

That happened to one of the moderators too. Follow the hyper link to prove your not a spam bot. All will be good to go then.

/ DR Rapid fire Log splitter??? #88  
That happened to one of the moderators too. Follow the hyper link to prove your not a spam bot. All will be good to go then.

Got it, thanks!

That 562xp is VERY impressive!!!

/ DR Rapid fire Log splitter??? #89  
Got it, thanks!

That 562xp is VERY impressive!!!

I thought so too.

So was it a hyper link to follow like the support tech told me to tell folks?

/ DR Rapid fire Log splitter??? #90  
I thought so too.

So was it a hyper link to follow like the support tech told me to tell folks?

Yes, with a Progressive Insurance ad? I got spammed! :D