Test fuel/oil mix ratio

/ Test fuel/oil mix ratio #1  

Avondale

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35 and Kioti NX6010
Is there a simple way to test if fuel has been mixed with 2 stroke oil? I have a jerry can but do not know if mixed or not. Will it stratify if left sitting?

/ Test fuel/oil mix ratio #2  
you should be able to tell by the color. if there's oil in it it will be darker than plain gasoline.

/ Test fuel/oil mix ratio #3  
My gas in my area is almost a light yellow looking. My mix turns it pink. Most mixes turn it blue to blue green. Pour some in a clear glass or bottle.

Then if still unsure. Pour some on a brown paper bag. Let it completely dry and disappear. Should leave oil mark on bag.

/ Test fuel/oil mix ratio #4  
Is there a simple way to test if fuel has been mixed with 2 stroke oil? I have a jerry can but do not know if mixed or not. Will it stratify if left sitting?
The easy simple way way is dump the jerry can into one of your cars and refill it with new gas .:cool:

/ Test fuel/oil mix ratio #5  

Simplest way I know of is to smell it. If it stinks, its been mixed. Visually speaking, no, it will not stratify and the color will be way darker than normally clear gasoline.

/ Test fuel/oil mix ratio #6  
That is what I would do. Or run it in the lawn mower, generator....

If you are not sure, don't run it and ruin a saw, weed cutter, outboard...

And, if you are not sure, it sounds like the mix may be a little old? Mix some fresh stuff for the 2-stroke, and run the rest in the car ect.

The easy simple way way is dump the jerry can into one of your cars and refill it with new gas .:cool:

/ Test fuel/oil mix ratio #7  
In the past I only bought premix that's a dark color so it would be simple to tell. Now I have two (1 one gallon and 1 two gallon) gas cans that are only used for the chainsaw. I only fill them when empty and put the premix in before filling the gas can at the station. Putting the questionable fuel in a lawnmower would work (I wouldn't put it into a car with fuel injectors, but that's just me) but I run Ethanol free super in the chainsaw and it's not cheap.