Stolen Stihl 019T

/ Stolen Stihl 019T #1  

Turbys_1700

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland t4.75
Well...
I went down to the shop last night and my air compressor, chainsaw, and tool chest was stolen...
I need to replace all of these items and need advise on replacing my old Stihl 019T...
I used it mainly to limb and it was a great little saw for over 12 years...
I am looking over the Stihl line up and can't decide if I want to replace it with another top mounted trimming saw or just go with a smaller lightweight conventional design...
I don't burn firewood anymore and will mostly be using it for topping out and trimming my current trees...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

/ Stolen Stihl 019T #2  
Sorry about the robbery. I live in Caswell County. Only a suggestion, but why not select the type of saw that is as close to the saw that you used for all those years? Something that you are familiar with is what I am saying. :tractor:

/ Stolen Stihl 019T
This is the 3rd time that I have gone through this rig-a-ma-roll with replacing stuff stolen and dealing with insurance...
Since this is a replacement deal I am looking very hard at the Stihl equivalent replacement for the 019T...
That would be the current MS 192 T C-E or the MS 201 T...
Don't know if anyone out there has any experience with these models or not...

/ Stolen Stihl 019T #4  
IF insurance will pay for a 200T or 201T get one. Light years ahead of the 019 and 192.

/ Stolen Stihl 019T
I don't know if the insurance will pony up for the difference in the MS 192 vs MS 201...
In the Stihl pricing calculator retail prices are $310 vs $610 between the two...
Looks like a lot of difference in price between the two saws...
Why would the MS 201 be priced at two times the cost of the MS 192?
For $610 I could opt out for a larger more powerful saw...

/ Stolen Stihl 019T #6  
Not sure if it's worth making a claim. Your rates might rise. Insurers are looking for any excuse whatever to jack up your rates. Check first.

It's really a shame you got robbed. I live in the boonies and often don't lock up my stuff, but reports like this get me to thinking maybe I should.

/ Stolen Stihl 019T
The area that I live in has been hit with a rash of break-ins...
Already settled with the insurance company...
Agent depreciated out the saw and compressor a little bit but he did me ok...
He has dealt with quite a few in the past year...
It is sickening...

/ Stolen Stihl 019T #8  
I have no experience with the new model 201T, however, the 200T that it replaces has the reputation of being the best professional climbing saw on the market. If you are making a living with one, that is the saw to have since it is much more powerful and durable, and doesn't weigh much more at all. I understand that the 192T is a good saw if you are using it mainly for pruning, and would probably be a good saw for what you said you use it for.

/ Stolen Stihl 019T #9  
If you are not climbing trees, I'd stay away from the top handle. Get a good smaller conventional saw that light and easy to run.

Sorry I cant offer much advise in the stihl line-up, but if you happen to wonder into a dolmar dealer, and try out a PS350 or PS420 on a peice of wood, I thik you will walk out with one. Probabally the most vibration FREE saw I have ever ran:thumbsup: Just absolutly smooth to operate. And they should be in the $250-$300 range.