Oregon PowerNow 40V rechargeable chainsaw.

/ Oregon PowerNow 40V rechargeable chainsaw. #11  
He' cutting doug fir, not hardwoods. And the cutting time is fast - the battery just does not last at all. The total time per charge, keeping in mind the saw is not running all the time (marking, moving, etc.), is 8 minutes max. No way will it make 120-125 cuts! We're just very disappointed - it's not at all as advertised. I was hoping someone else might have had better results.

~Carla

/ Oregon PowerNow 40V rechargeable chainsaw. #12  
I was making bigger cuts then that in 6" hardwood and 8" softwood spruce with endurance battery. Never ran a battery down.
Now to tell the truth I dont time my cutting or how many cuts I make.

Never tried the standard battery.

Sounds like you need to call customer service IMHO

/ Oregon PowerNow 40V rechargeable chainsaw. #13  
Luke with PowerNow has been in contact with us, and came out today to
go over the saw with us. The company really stands by their product and
wants the customer to be happy with it.

Hubby loves his saw and will be using it often, for small trimming. He loves
that it is so quiet, no pulling to start and easy to use. We are VERY happy
with the company (and Luke) and the PowerNow saw.

Thanks,

~Carla

/ Oregon PowerNow 40V rechargeable chainsaw. #14  
Luke with PowerNow has been in contact with us, and came out today to
go over the saw with us. The company really stands by their product and
wants the customer to be happy with it.
Hubby loves his saw and will be using it often, for small trimming. He loves
that it is so quiet, no pulling to start and easy to use. We are VERY happy
with the company (and Luke) and the PowerNow saw.
So, what did they find? My father-in-law has one sitting in a box and if there is something I should look for now, I would like ot know.

Thank

Aaron Z

/ Oregon PowerNow 40V rechargeable chainsaw. #15  
Luke is who sent me the demo unit and powersharp system to demo. :thumbsup:

/ Oregon PowerNow 40V rechargeable chainsaw. #16  
...Previously I had an 18V Ryobi rechargeable with a 10" bar. Subjectively, the Oregon feels like at least 4 times saw of the Ryobi. But honestly, there just isn't any comparison at all really.

Thanks for the informative review! I'm looking for a good saw for working above ground (in the tree, etc). I think the cordless will be a great niche saw--not as a replacement for small gas saws, but for those times where the gas saw just doesn't "cut it". I spend too much time up in trees and really hate having to mess with starting a gas saw and dealing with the fumes in that environment. I've tried my corded electric Makita 4030, but dealing with the cord is also to be avoided in that environment. I've even tried using my sawzall with a large carbide-tipped blade, but it doesn't work so well for cutting branches and trunk chunks up high. Finally, I also have a Ryobi 18V. It works OK if kept razor-sharp, and is very light, but seriously lacks power. It has been moved to my woodworking equipment--it really shines when doing remodeling and building work for cutting and carving those things that other saws just can't get to.

I suspect think this saw without the integral sharpener, but with a top handle and a narrow-kerf non-safety chain would really be a good arborist saw. It would be nice to see a review of the Stihl 36V saw as well.