Partner 5000 and 5000 Plus

/ Partner 5000 and 5000 Plus #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
Can someone tell me how and where to buy a service / repair manual? for the 5000 series saw.I have seen them on diffrent sites but they include a lot of other saws ,and I wonder how much time is devoted to the saw I am interested in if they have to share a book with all the other brands. I saw on a diffrent forum that this guy was trying to help someone with a picture from his manual. Well I have 3 - 5000's and a manual like the one he was showing may be helpfull at times. So if anyone can help me find one that would be great. Have a Merry Christmas.

/ Partner 5000 and 5000 Plus #2  
Can someone tell me how and where to buy a service / repair manual? for the 5000 series saw.I have seen them on diffrent sites but they include a lot of other saws ,and I wonder how much time is devoted to the saw I am interested in if they have to share a book with all the other brands. I saw on a diffrent forum that this guy was trying to help someone with a picture from his manual. Well I have 3 - 5000's and a manual like the one he was showing may be helpfull at times. So if anyone can help me find one that would be great. Have a Merry Christmas.

I have a hard copy. Just get one for the 5000 / 500 and you will be covered. I had a extra one but gave it away already.

That was probably me. I take pics of my manual and post for guys.

/ Partner 5000 and 5000 Plus
Thanks guys,... I will look into these links or what ever they are and see if I can get on for myself.

I have a hard copy. Just get one for the 5000 / 500 and you will be covered. I had a extra one but gave it away already.

That was probably me. I take pics of my manual and post for guys.

Yea that was you,... thats pretty cool. If i can get a relative to do it for me. He will order the one reccomended in the other persons post that is listed on e-bay. They want $18.00 for it? I hope it has the same info as yours does. Thanks for your help.

ok i will do that thanks

Well I got my Partner 5000 / 500 service manual my nephew bought it for me from e-bay.
In the mean time I have accidently run over my 5000 :ashamed:I destroyed the "D" handel ,chain brake cover and recoil cover.I had enough spare parts to rebuild most of it but I will need a chain brake cover.Does anyone have a chain brake cover they would part with? Actuall I would take 2 if I could get them/ you never know.
I have searched and joined 2 other sites but still no luck finding parts.I have joined Chainsaw repair, and Arborist site.I will begin looking at old saw shops in my area in Central Maine to see if any are lying about.If anyone knows a good place to look let me know and I will check it out.Thanks Jeff

/ Partner 5000 and 5000 Plus #9  
Well I got my Partner 5000 / 500 service manual my nephew bought it for me from e-bay.
In the mean time I have accidently run over my 5000 :ashamed:I destroyed the "D" handel ,chain brake cover and recoil cover.I had enough spare parts to rebuild most of it but I will need a chain brake cover.Does anyone have a chain brake cover they would part with? Actuall I would take 2 if I could get them/ you never know.
I have searched and joined 2 other sites but still no luck finding parts.I have joined Chainsaw repair.I will begin looking at old saw shops in my area in Central Maine to see if any are lying about.If anyone knows a good place to look let me know and I will check it out.Thanks Jeff

I havent seen anything posted at ChainsawRepair looking for parts in wanted area. I have NOS covers with and without brake. Know 4-5 others that have used parts too. Now getting us to sale might be another thing. ;)

Well I have not posted your right but I either dont understand the way that site works or there is not much activity there? For instance I posted there a question about my saws and got quite a few responces but since then the Partner forum has not had any activity so I really did not know how many new posts there are there? I can do that though and will.