Echo CS-3000

/ Echo CS-3000 #1  

drivadesl

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TN-70A, Kubota U-35 Mini-Ex,SCAG Wild Cat, Cub Cadet 109
Merry Christmas everyone and a HO HO HO to all!

So I had some free time this afternoon with the presents given and clean up complete so decided to finish up some work in the yard. Was in process of cleaning up an old wood pile, and getting the burn pile ready so decided to fire up the old girl. Its been sitting unused for at least two years, when I last sharpened the chain, and drained the fuel tank and ran it dry. Added some fuel, and wouldn't you know she started up in 3 pulls. I love this machine, I bought it in Home Depot in about 1993 as a light duty first chainsaw where I mostly used it for home and camping chores. Don't run it that often, maybe half a dozen times a year or less, since I have two Stihls that see the bulk of the chunking and bucking duties. The echo is light duty for sure, but so reliable and light its a joy to use and gets the job done within its limits. So I thought I would give a mini review on this great Christmas day.

Anyone else love there Echo CS?

/ Echo CS-3000 #2  
I have 2 Echo saws that I use as well as some other brands. The Echo models are a 530 and a 600P. Both are excellent saws and are easy starters. The 530 is a 50 cc saw and feels great in the hands. The 600 is a 60 cc saw and as such bigger and heavier. They are among my favorite saws.

/ Echo CS-3000 #3  
Never owned an echo. But have heard really good things. Like excellent reliability, easy starting, and darn neart bulletproof.

Maybe one day I will add an echo to my collection

/ Echo CS-3000 #4  
I bought new saws after Hurricane Irene hit, since my 40 year old Poulan was outgunned (it still runs great though). One of the new saws is a Stihl MS-261, which is a great mid-size pro saw. The other is an Echo CS-400. While the Stihl is bigger and more of a powerhouse, the Echo is way more user friendly, and consistently easy starting. It's a great saw. I am a big fan of Echo saws.

/ Echo CS-3000 #5  
Echo makes a great saw in my opinion. I used my new CS400 yesterday for the first time and was quite impressed with what this small saw could do. It is small and light but it was going through 8-12" oak like the hot knife through butter. I switched over to the CS670 for the big stuff but wanted to exercise the new saw a little.

Until I have some problems I am going to continue preaching the good word about the Echo saws.

/ Echo CS-3000 #6  
Echo makes a great saw in my opinion. I used my new CS400 yesterday for the first time and was quite impressed with what this small saw could do. It is small and light but it was going through 8-12" oak like the hot knife through butter. I switched over to the CS670 for the big stuff but wanted to exercise the new saw a little.

Until I have some problems I am going to continue preaching the good word about the Echo saws.

From what I hear, I doubt you will ever have problems:thumbsup:

I am kinda in the same boat (and have been for a few years). In having an excellent quality saw of a lesser known brand than the typical husky vs stihl.

Like you, I will continue to preach my support for dolmars:thumbsup: But I am in no means brand loyal or brand blind. I like ALL good quality saws. I dont care who made it. If the right one for the right price comes up, I'll buy it no matter what name it carries.

/ Echo CS-3000 #7  
I too have Dolmar saws, a 510 and 5105, and 2 Makita 6400's which are the "blue" version of Dolmar. They too are excellent saws.

/ Echo CS-3000 #8  
I too have Dolmar saws, a 510 and 5105, and 2 Makita 6400's which are the "blue" version of Dolmar. They too are excellent saws.

Never ran any of the 50cc new dolmars, but I hear good things, especially of the 5105.

But the 6400 is a beast of a 64cc saw.

With a fresh chain, it is actually hard to tell the difference between it and a 7900 in anything under 16-18".

And with the 84cc upgrade with a mild port job, WOW is all I can say:thumbsup:

/ Echo CS-3000 #9  
I have a brand new CS400.
Because I ran my other "brand new" CS400 with Tractor Supply oil in the mix. And seized the engine at around the (one year) 20 hour mark.
It is now a SWELL paperweight!
Listen to your dealer, and always use ECHO oil- or the guarantee will be void!

(The Echo is, by the way, a wonderful saw- light, powerful, and easy to start.)

/ Echo CS-3000 #10  
I have a brand new CS400.
Because I ran my other "brand new" CS400 with Tractor Supply oil in the mix. And seized the engine at around the (one year) 20 hour mark.
It is now a SWELL paperweight!
Listen to your dealer, and always use ECHO oil- or the guarantee will be void!

(The Echo is, by the way, a wonderful saw- light, powerful, and easy to start.)

Most new saws, and particularly the Echo's are very lean in fuel mixture as delivered. I always "fatten" any of them up before doing any serious cutting.

Echo oil is very good but there are others just as good. Not sure if the TSC oil meets Echo spec, if it does then the dealer owes you a fix on that saw. Just refer to the I believe the name is "Mangnuson" law. What it states in a nutshell is that a manufacturer cannot void a warranty because you did not use their products as long as the ones you used meets the manufacturer spec. May pay you to check it out.