echo cs500p

/ echo cs500p #1  

g0rd0

Gold Member
Tractor
jinma284
I recently had a major breakdown with my rancher 55 :mad:. So, I got myself a cs500p to replace it.
What a saw! It is by far the easyest saw that I have owned to start. And deffinately more than enough power for my use, I cut and junk 4&1/2 cord of hardwood (mostly maple, and oak) each year for firewood.
A great buy, now hopefully it will last longer than my rancher 55.

/ echo cs500p #2  
Yeah, I don't know of an easier, more consistent starting saw than my Echo. Beats my Stihl for ease of use big time.

/ echo cs500p #3  
I've had the Echo CS670 for about 7 years now and have been quite impressed. Its powerful, starts easy and has been extremely reliable. I replaced the chain tension adjuster and that's about it.

I picked up a new CS400 with the 18" bar about two months ago. I haven't used it a lot until this past weekend. It starts better than my 026 Stihl and I don't sense a huge power difference even though it is a smaller saw. I have a little tendonitis in my elbow and using the smaller saw was a nice relief. I was cutting oak and the saw was just playing with it.

I loved my 026 but I think Echo is going to give Stihl some serious competition as more and more folks start to use them.

I'm not bashing Stihl at all, they make a fantastic saw. But the Echo is priced a little better and I think they compete quite nicely in terms of performance and value.

/ echo cs500p #4  
I recently had a major breakdown with my rancher 55 :mad:. So, I got myself a cs500p to replace it.
What a saw! It is by far the easyest saw that I have owned to start. And deffinately more than enough power for my use, I cut and junk 4&1/2 cord of hardwood (mostly maple, and oak) each year for firewood.
A great buy, now hopefully it will last longer than my rancher 55.

I am just trying to be funny:laughing: But I apologize if I stick my foot in my mouth....

But......why do you "junk" good firewood????:laughing::laughing:

Maybe its what they say in canada. IDK

Is it just a typo or do you mean chunking/bucking?????

Not poking fun at all, just curious

/ echo cs500p
I have always used the term junk for when I cut it up into 16" pieces. To buck fire wood is to separate the felled tree into skidding lengths. At least that is what I call it:D