jonsered2050

/ jonsered2050 #2  
looking for a cyclinder kit

I cant really help you with a cylinder kit, because I dont know of anyone that makes them aside aside from expensive OEM.

But what I can tell you is THAT saw is a lower end plastic cased model that is only ~$300 for a new comparable version. Like the husky 350.

And IF you could find a cylinder kit, it would cost you ~$200 or so just for that. And then your time to install. And you would still have the old used bottom end of the saw. That is probabally why they dont make a cylinder kit. Because the saw just isnt worth rebuilding.

Kinda like wanting to rebuild a $150 craftsman or poulan that you get at walmart. Just isnt worth the $$.

Sorry for the bad news. But it is what it is. If you are in need of a 45-50cc saw, we can steer you in the right direction though. But to rebuild what you have is a waste of $$$ IMO

/ jonsered2050 #3  
why not just respond to his question instead of bashing the husqvarna 350. i have cut and heated with wood since 1972. i have 3 dolmar chainsaws. a 510, a 5105 and a 420. i also own a husqvarna 346 xp. i don't know how many years old my husky 350 is (maybe 15 years). all i have done to it is change the spark plug once. it is my go to saw. i hear they had some muffler problems with the newer ones but i have not had problems with mine. i had a jonsered up till last year and it was a great saw. yes there are $90 box store saws made today that are not worth repairing any more. most of the saw manufacturers make a cheap entry level throw away saw. i just don't throw a husqvarna 350 in this class.

/ jonsered2050 #4  
why not just respond to his question instead of bashing the husqvarna 350. i have cut and heated with wood since 1972. i have 3 dolmar chainsaws. a 510, a 5105 and a 420. i also own a husqvarna 346 xp. i don't know how many years old my husky 350 is (maybe 15 years). all i have done to it is change the spark plug once. it is my go to saw. i hear they had some muffler problems with the newer ones but i have not had problems with mine. i had a jonsered up till last year and it was a great saw. yes there are $90 box store saws made today that are not worth repairing any more. most of the saw manufacturers make a cheap entry level throw away saw. i just don't throw a husqvarna 350 in this class.

Care to point out where I "bashed" his saw at???????????

While they are not my cup of tea, small "homeowner" plastic cased saws have their place. I understand that. BUT...if something isnt worth rebuilding IMO, I am going to say so. Would you prefered I had recomended him to spend ~200-250 on his saw to get it running:confused2: Thats obsurd.

yes there are $90 box store saws made today that are not worth repairing any more. most of the saw manufacturers make a cheap entry level throw away saw. i just don't throw a husqvarna 350 in this class.

You can choose not to throw the 350 in that class. But I do. And that ISNT bashing the saw. Just saying that when the time comes and it may need a new pistion and cylinder, the cost to repair will exceed the value (and probabally cost of a new replacement saw). Therefor, IMO, it isnt worth fixing.

You have to understand, there is a big difference between "bashing" a saw, and simply saying that it probabally isnt worth fixing.

/ jonsered2050 #5  
you didn't bash his saw. you bashed the husqvarna 350 calling it a lower end plastic cased model. most saws todat are plastic cased and a $350 saw is not lower end any more than your dolmars. i agree that it is not a professional model but the husqvarna 350 is a excellent homeowner firewood saw. it is very similarar to the 346 husqvarna which is a $500 saw. mine has cut over 150 face cords and still runs as good as the day i bought it.

/ jonsered2050 #6  
   / jonsered2050 #7  
you didn't bash his saw. you bashed the husqvarna 350 calling it a lower end plastic cased model.

Calling a kettle a ....well......kettle certainly isnt bashing it. Just because I call it a lower end saw and plastic case (which BOTH are true) ceratainly doesnt mean I am bashing it.

most saws today are plastic cased

Most homeowner saws....yes.

Most pro saws....I think not.

So most of the saws you may deal with are plastic clamshell design. Most I deal with are not.

is not lower end any more than your dolmars.

IF you are talking about MY dolmars, you are not very well informed. It most certainy IS lower end compared to MY dolmars.........YES, that was a bash aginst the 350. But you had that comming.

husqvarna 350 is a excellent homeowner firewood saw.

I agree and I NEVER said it wasnt. It is a good saw for someone who is average homeowner and doesnt cut 20+cord a year.