Chainsaw Chaps

/ Chainsaw Chaps
so the Labonvills arrived a day early. They are very nice quality and the fit is great. I do however have a question for owners of chainsaw chaps. I measure like the site said to ect. but I was worried these are not long enough. They cover the top of my steel toe hikers. but my pants stick out around it. Wifey is making fun of me because im doing a fashion show for the "tractorguys" as she calls TBN'ers HAHAHA
DSC00471.jpgDSC00470.jpg what do you guys think?

/ Chainsaw Chaps
haha i knew someone would say that...or do these chainsaw chaps make me look fat? :laughing:

/ Chainsaw Chaps
I like the color. Just like mine except mine go all the way down to my boots.
I suppose that my answer then... they are to short. Ill exchange these for longer ones.. ill need double longs.

/ Chainsaw Chaps #46  
Mine come down beyond the top of my boot, but are not as long as my pants.

/ Chainsaw Chaps #47  
You know I wouldn't worry about them being too short. You get them dragging on the ground and they snag on branches and stumps which could trip you up while carrying the saw. You are mainly trying to protect the larger strike zones of your legs. If you are wearing decent boots they will help with some protection. You are more likely to snag a long shoe lace dangling out there and pull it into the saw.. Mine reach to just above the ankle and I like it that way.. Because I do run around in brush piles and stacks of branches with my saw as part of my job. (Chain brake on while moving around)

/ Chainsaw Chaps #48  
Last edited:
   / Chainsaw Chaps #49  
If you ever have been in logging country, they wear their pants short for the same reason. Trip hazard and getting caught in saws and chains. But you need good boots as previously stated.

/ Chainsaw Chaps
You know I wouldn't worry about them being too short. You get them dragging on the ground and they snag on branches and stumps which could trip you up while carrying the saw. You are mainly trying to protect the larger strike zones of your legs. If you are wearing decent boots they will help with some protection. You are more likely to snag a long shoe lace dangling out there and pull it into the saw.. Mine reach to just above the ankle and I like it that way.. Because I do run around in brush piles and stacks of branches with my saw as part of my job. (Chain brake on while moving around)

I did some more reading and I do think ill stay with the ones I have. If I were to get the next size up there would be 4inch longer that would bring the chaps almost touching the rubber sole of my boots. I do think that would cause a tripping hazerd. I will say I like the wrap on these chaps I feel like it will keep stick ect from tripping me up. thanks for the help guys. I feel as though the Labonvilles are top notch in quality. I also like the fact they are made in the USA.