Husky 550xp in Canada

/ Husky 550xp in Canada #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Anybody seen the 550xp in Canada yet?

Was at the dealer today for something else and wanted to look at one (not that Im getting one.. yet:)). Dealer didnt even know it existed. Apparently its not even in this years catalog!! he looked.

They did have a 562XP. Picked it up. Felt NICE. Im digging the new slender case style. I swear its lighter than my old Husky 51..

Price was "marked down" to $815.. exactly the same as the old 357xp on the next shelf over!! Suggested retail in the US for the 562 is $740... Once again.. we canadians get the shaft!! Wonder what a "good deal" in the states for a 562 and 550 are.. Im almost scared to ask

/ Husky 550xp in Canada #2  
Canada gets the new Husqvarna models later than the US and at a higher price. Not sure why.

I paid $680 for my 562xp with a 20 Tech-Lite bar. I could have got it for closer to $600 with a regular bar (this is a special discount price). But my local dealer has them at $739. So it looks like the Canadian price on the new models might be getting closer to the US prices.

The 550xp looks to be a very good saw!

/ Husky 550xp in Canada
Closer... but still not there :D

$600 wow. Ive never seen a deal on a XP saw. Dealer says it never happens... . 562 would be nice.. and a major upgrade over my 51

/ Husky 550xp in Canada
Into a different dealer today. Apparently the 550 is scheduled for mid-November. So a bit of a wait yet. Price will be $699. They had some 346xp's there for ~$750. A bit ironic that the new model will be cheaper :thumbsup:

While there, looked at a 555 and 562xp. Talked about the Trio-Brake. Apparently they are going to be required equipment in Ontario!!:confused2:

I think Im in love with a chainsaw.lol. The 562 just feels sooo natural. Like scary natural.. Great balance with the 18" bar. I swear its lighter than my 51, but i know it cant be.

The 555 on the other hand felt like a pig! Felt heavy and wide compared to the 562. Could be all in my head, but I felt a huge difference.

Also looked at Stihl MS 362, 261 and 271. Felt similar to the 555. The 362 was particularly bad. Didnt like them at all. They all felt heavy and chunky compared to the 562xp.

I guess im a Husquvarna man lol

/ Husky 550xp in Canada #5  
555 is actually lighter then 562 PHO. Might have been the bar and chain set ups being different sizes maybe.

/ Husky 550xp in Canada
555 is actually lighter then 562 PHO. Might have been the bar and chain set ups being different sizes maybe.

Same bar, and chain.

562xp 12.57 Lbs

555 12.35 lbs.

Basically the same... but the layout of the saws (width) and the balance seems to make the 562 "feel" a lot more nimble and light.

They could even share the same case? I dont know. But they sure felt different

/ Husky 550xp in Canada #7  
Into a different dealer today. Apparently the 550 is scheduled for mid-November. So a bit of a wait yet. Price will be $699. They had some 346xp's there for ~$750. A bit ironic that the new model will be cheaper :thumbsup:

While there, looked at a 555 and 562xp. Talked about the Trio-Brake. Apparently they are going to be required equipment in Ontario!!:confused2:

I think Im in love with a chainsaw.lol. The 562 just feels sooo natural. Like scary natural.. Great balance with the 18" bar. I swear its lighter than my 51, but i know it cant be.

The 555 on the other hand felt like a pig! Felt heavy and wide compared to the 562. Could be all in my head, but I felt a huge difference.

Also looked at Stihl MS 362, 261 and 271. Felt similar to the 555. The 362 was particularly bad. Didnt like them at all. They all felt heavy and chunky compared to the 562xp.

I guess im a Husquvarna man lol
The 'new' pricing in Canada might be the reason the 550xp is less than the 346xp. It's odd, but the 346xp has always been high up there.

The 562xp is one great saw and compliments my 346xp well. Husky really got this one right. The 562xp is a fantastic saw!!! I will not be without either. But I'd give up the larger saw long before the smaller! I will always have at least one 346xp, but two is better. :) I've been running my old 346xp since the first of 2001 semi commercial use and it's still going strong and still my favorite saw.

The 555 and 562 are the same size, but 555 is small bar mount and 562 is large bar mount and high top filter cover. They both feel about the same in my hands, but the 555 is a bit lighter. I like the extra power of the xp here though.

The MS362, 261 are heavy and chunky feeling when compared. They are good saws and I've tried very hard to warm up to these two, but just can't do it.

You are on the right track! :thumbsup:

/ Husky 550xp in Canada #8  
Same bar, and chain.

562xp 12.57 Lbs

555 12.35 lbs.

Basically the same... but the layout of the saws (width) and the balance seems to make the 562 "feel" a lot more nimble and light.

They could even share the same case? I dont know. But they sure felt different

They are the same width, but the high top of the 562 makes it appear narrower. Their cases are the same, except where the bars mount up.

I would take the xp...